Should I gain weight? How much should I eat?

malakazmirly
malakazmirly Posts: 11
edited September 2017 in Training, fitness and health
I'm a 15 year old girl that just started cycling. My average speed is around 24kmh. I'm wondering if I would get faster or better at cycling if I gain some weight. What do you think? I'm 157.5cm tall and I weigh 41.2kg. Also, how many calories should I eat per day approximately not to gain weight but just as a normal cyclist what would you eat after a one hour or 90minutes ride (30km)?

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,495
    edited September 2017
    As long as you are eating healthy food, at 15 you should basically eat as much as you want without being greedy.
  • Best suggetion would to get in contact with some of the female riders via Facebook or Twitter.

No-one of any gender, age or weight should feel pressure to be an ascribed weight to be on a bike.
  • maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    Facebook is a good place to start, there are numerous women's racing/cycling groups all over the country. If you post your approximate location here (county/city) then I can point you towards some people.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    If you're serious, find a club with a youth section / coaching. I wouldn't even think about your weight; at 15 you're still growing / developing. Just eat a varied and balanced diet. If your body needs more fuel you'll feel hungrier, so feed it.