sunday squishing together plutonium hemispheres, ooo, pretty lights

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride and cafes

it's too cold, the bleak grey months stretch ahead without respite, engendering a profound despondency

need to book some hols, short term maybe slip in a gmc trip to dubai for some vital poolside research
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Main job today is to pick up my bike from the neighbours as I missed it's delivery yesterday

Daddy daycare today involves lots of driving with kids football, hopefully the wife will be back as a reasonable time otherwise I've got to make the kids food and stuff
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Wales we go...

Ideal temperature for a spot of downhilling, as it's not nice when it's hot and you're wearing body armour. Could be a bit moist though.

Have to get through in laws descending for lunch before I can escape.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Morning all

Tired head (not hungover, just tired) after last night, just chillin' having a coffee and reading the paper, heading to the flicks with Bambina then family day.

Going to take the Madone around the block to check all ok before using it for work next week.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Making breakfast, then cinema with kids. Weather looks shite.

TLW; what bike? Tell us, tell us all now.
  • tlw1
    Garry H wrote:

In theory (as next door aren't up yet, so can't collect)

A soulless Planet X aero bike ready to become a cat 4 hero next year
  • TLW1 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

In theory (as next door aren't up yet, so can't collect)

A soulless Planet X aero bike ready to become a cat 4 hero next year

Cool! We can race each other but being Cat 3 I'll give you a head start.

Just send me your Zwift details and we can race like racers and everyone at our workplaces will know that we are racers.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Can I have a shot? What's zwift?
  • Garry H wrote:

Its better than saying you ride a bike inside.

Eh?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    Cool. Like Daley Thompson's Decathlon?
  • Garry H wrote:

As long as you drink Lucozade
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H wrote:

Does that mean I was a decathlete when I was younger? Cool

And a paperboy as well? Double cool.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H wrote:

It's the racing of the future - no need to go and do it on the roads, you can race from your own man cave on your steed and put it to anyone else in the world whilst slagging off anyone who does ride on the roads because you are a category whatever Zwift racer racing your steed in your man cave. It's harder than doing it on the roads because it's in your man cave.

Tell your colleagues at work that you are a category whatever racer and before long they will think you are Lance Froome and knicker elastic will be snapping in every part of the office from facilities to filing, procurement to publishing.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Garry H wrote:

It's the racing of the future - no need to go and do it on the roads, you can race from your own man cave on your steed and put it to anyone else in the world whilst slagging off anyone who does ride on the roads because you are a category whatever Zwift racer racing your steed in your man cave. It's harder than doing it on the roads because it's in your man cave.

Tell your colleagues at work that you are a category whatever racer and before long they will think you are Lance Froome and knicker elastic will be snapping in every part of the office from facilities to filing, procurement to publishing.

So I didn't need to get a new bike to pull birds - god dam it
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

That might explain the number of bikes you have already :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    being Cat 3 I'll give you a head start.
    If I run over 3 cats on my bike can I be one too?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    Of course you did, what kind of amateur are you? Being aero helps the airflow from the fan pass over you more easily so you can put out more power. So aero gives double bragging rights and surely that's all that counts.
  • veronese68
    Morning folks,
    Good day yesterday, ate loads and got some stuff done. Need to do a bit more stuff today, boy not too much of course.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    nippy start, temporary attempted warmth by sun before clouds trundled in

seem to have been many idiot/homicidal drivers/cyclists/pedestrians released back into the community today, and most of them came my way, the only solution i can see is 9mm, si vis pacem, para bellum
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    MF - Cat 3?!? Since when have you had time for Cat 3 racing? Do they do that on Afghanistan? Cycling around the block in Aleppo must be tricky given the 'blocks' are in the way.

Weather is shyte. Slept too well on zombie ant-inflammatory's (Naproxen). Going to bin them and ask for Diclofenac again so I can get beck to the real world. None today and I seem to be doing okay. If I hop on my bad leg long enough, will I kill the nerve?

Last day of Vuelta, only the WC's to look forward to.

Can someone pop up and strim my back lawn swamp thingy? It's a bit tricky with a stick.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Can someone pop up and strim my back lawn swamp thingy? It's a bit tricky with a stick.
    Buy a sheep or a goat. Jobs a good 'un.
  • Today we celebrate the letter "F", as in...

Finally Finished the Ferking Facade and Flashings. Fabulous!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Pinno wrote:
    MF - Cat 3?!? Since when have you had time for Cat 3 racing? Do they do that on Afghanistan? Cycling around the block in Aleppo must be tricky given the 'blocks' are in the way.

Weather is shyte. Slept too well on zombie ant-inflammatory's (Naproxen). Going to bin them and ask for Diclofenac again so I can get beck to the real world. None today and I seem to be doing okay. If I hop on my bad leg long enough, will I kill the nerve?

Laters.

Hasn't the Tour of Lombardy been a decent race some years? Or am I thinking of another one :?:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Afternoon. I bought a boomerang thing for 8 quid at the science museum yesterday. Just been at the park for a couple of hours like a little kid. Best 8 quid I've spent in ages.
  • Afternoon all. Cooking chicken for tea. Listening to Radio, Annie Nightingale talking to Mike Skinner from the Streets. Quite interesting, seems a smart fella. Mrs BBGeek has nodded off on the sofa - bless.
    In my experience, dinners only get cooked with lots of beer. Time for another. Not thinking about the washing up, or work tomorrow. Night all.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

Hasn't the Tour of Lombardy been a decent race some years? Or am I thinking of another one :?:

Yep, forgot about the race of the falling leaves. It's a very picturesque 'tour' (now renamed Il Lombardia IIRC). Maybe Nibali can salvage something from his season with another mad descent.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Torrential rain over here. Just emptied the attic.

How's over there?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited September 2017
    Zwift cat3 as I find it more difficult than road cat1.

It's intense.
    It's a battle of tactics
    It's a battle of endurance
    It's a battle of fitness
    It's a battle of immense physical proportions
    It's a battle of the 21st century
    It's racing in your garage looking at a computer screen by yourself

What more can you want?

Aleppo isn't too bad so long as you can bunny hop over craters and piles of rubble.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Afternoon. I bought a boomerang thing for 8 quid at the science museum yesterday. Just been at the park for a couple of hours like a little kid. Best 8 quid I've spent in ages.

That sounds well cool.

Any pictures both of the boomerang in action and passing norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Had a cracking day yesterday. Selling sticks at 8 quid a pop...
  • veronese68
    Spinner should be drinking something beginning with F, can't think of anything other than fragolina a strawberry dessert wine. Best have a feckin' beer then.
    Poxy bloody runnists getting in the way when I was out riding round the trail in the park. Why do they run side by side when they dislike each other so much they put headphones on so they don't have to talk to each other?