CAAAAAAAAAAAAD

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited December 2017 in Your road bikes
Decided to get rid of the Aithein as it just felt so unrefined compared to the old CAAD 10, plan was to just swap the frame out for the CAAD 12, but then I found I had a Dura Ace rear brake lying around and things kind of escalated... well I had to make things match right?

36294397803_f49b162561_h.jpg

CAAD 12 Black Inc. 56cm Frameset, Cannonade Save carbon seat post

BB30a w. wheels BBRight shims.

Dura Ace 9000 Groupset (Ultegra cassette and KMC gold chain, Stages left crank arm). 52/38 Chainrings with 11-28 cassette. Likely to swap the 38 down to a 36 when I move back to Wales.

Prime carbon tubs with Michelin Pro 4s. (Soon to be swapped for some conti competition- should shed some weight, these are f***ed and drowning in sealant)

Storck RBC 180 Bar
3T ARX Stealth Stem
Selle Italia Flow Ti saddle
Lizard Skins DSP Camo 2.5mm tape
Jagwire Link cables
Elite bottle cages

Weight... 6.86kg all in, inc. Garmin mount and hub speed sensor.

Will have to wait to ride it, away for the weekend sadly.

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Decided to get rid of the Aithein as it just felt so unrefined compared to the old CAAD 10, plan was to just swap the frame out for the CAAD 12, but then I found I had a Dura Ace rear brake lying around and things kind of escalated... well I had to make things match right?

36294397803_f49b162561_h.jpg

CAAD 12 Black Inc. 56cm Frameset, Cannonade Save carbon seat post

BB30a w. wheels BBRight shims.

Dura Ace 9000 Groupset (Ultegra cassette and KMC gold chain, Stages left crank arm). 52/38 Chainrings with 11-28 cassette. Likely to swap the 38 down to a 36 when I move back to Wales.

Prime carbon tubs with Michelin Pro 4s. (Soon to be swapped for some conti competition- should shed some weight, these are f***ed and drowning in sealant)

Storck RBC 180 Bar
    3T ARX Stealth Stem
    Selle Italia Flow Ti saddle
    Lizard Skins DSP Camo 2.5mm tape
    Jagwire Link cables
    Elite bottle cages

Weight... 6.86kg all in, inc. Garmin mount and hub speed sensor.

Will have to wait to ride it, away for the weekend sadly.

Well nice.
  • Can you get someone to remove those weeds please
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • angry_bird
    No, they brighten things up a bit.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Looks great angry bird
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Like that, good job bird.
  • angry_bird
    Thank you very much, I'm happy with how it's turned out
  • I saw one of these in person not long ago.. This in my opinion is one of the best paint schemes Cannondale ever did! Truly stunning!! I personally think this would be far nicer with black cables/black bar tape but hey, that's a question of personal preference! Impressive weight too! Enjoy in good health
  • Not a big fan of the bar tape but the gold outers and chain look surprisingly good.
  • angry_bird
    Thanks. Can't see the tape lasting long if I'm honest, I don't really like the feel of it.
  • Looks great. Just about to refit my CAD12 Disc version - Army green with very orange stripes ...... it works honestly.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Can you get someone to remove those weeds please

And sort out the pointing.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    is it much different to the caad 10?
  • angry_bird
    is it much different to the caad 10?

Not really, possibly stiffer at the BB but that might be be cause cannondale say so ergo I expect it to be, definitely lighter on the scales but not noticeable when riding, pretty sure it’s comfier though, unsurprising given the seatpost flexes a fair bit