Red Bull Time Laps

meursault
meursault Posts: 1,433
edited October 2017 in Amateur race
https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/events/timelaps

Anybody putting a team in?

My workmate mamils and me have entered.

Any advice/tactics etc?
Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire

Comments

• dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Myself and a few friends were looking at doing it but decided against it as we are also doing Revolve24 again.

Plus the track/setup doesn't sounds as good as the Revolve one.
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    I had to pull out due to it clashing with a mates wedding, my team are still doing it though.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • meursault
    Dannbodge wrote:
    Myself and a few friends were looking at doing it but decided against it as we are also doing Revolve24 again.

Plus the track/setup doesn't sounds as good as the Revolve one.

Over double the price eek!

Voltaire
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Worth it for the use of the track and garages/other spaces available.
  • meursault
    Nobody else? Really?

Hmmmmm.

Voltaire
  • -Dash
    -Dash Posts: 179
    In the last couple of months they've chucked in two yellow/black plastic speed bumps at the bottom of Breakheart Hill. They span the whole road so unavoidable really unless you bunnyhop.. you don't easily roll over either. They're quite harsh.

I wonder if they might take those out for the event. I can only imagine they'll cause a few crashes otherwise as groups go through.
  • meursault
    -Dash wrote:
    In the last couple of months they've chucked in two yellow/black plastic speed bumps at the bottom of Breakheart Hill. They span the whole road so unavoidable really unless you bunnyhop.. you don't easily roll over either. They're quite harsh.

I wonder if they might take those out for the event. I can only imagine they'll cause a few crashes otherwise as groups go through.

We did a quick recci the other week, but the whole course wasn't open, so we had to ride on the road for some of it. Let's hope they make some adjustments for the event.

Voltaire
  • Looks ace. Used to love riding laps of Windsor Park. Will be pretty atmospheric in the middle of the night!
  • meursault
    Tomorrow we ride!

Voltaire
  • meursault
    Enjoyable event. I wasn't prepared for the seriousness or competitiveness, but it's all good. Professionally organised, good festival atmosphere. Our team age and fitness meant finishing well down the rankings, but it looked like only a couple of casual teams had entered.

http://www.racetecresults.com/Results.aspx?CId=16574&RId=146

Got some entry money back guzzling many cans of Red Bull :D Apple and Kiwi a new one on me.

Things to improve, if they go ahead annually.

Catering. Needs to be 24hr and better choice. There was only two hot food stalls which were too expensive and too limited, and closed about 2100. No cycling specific snacks or fuelling food available. If you need to be self sufficient, this should have been made public.

Apart from that highly recommended! (especially if you are an 8 stone tri-athlete, weekend warrior)

Voltaire
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    My lads finished 11th overall even though they slept through a few alarms :lol:

Should have placed 8th but they f*cked up transitions.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • meursault
    Ryan_W wrote:
    My lads finished 11th overall even though they slept through a few alarms :lol:

Should have placed 8th but they f*cked up transitions.

Impressive finish.

Voltaire