Seatpost and elliptical railed saddle

coinneach
coinneach Posts: 79
edited September 2017 in Workshop
Does anyone know of a single bolt seatpost system which can be bought to adapt a post which only takes round rails?
Cheers
"It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I'm not sure if you've seen many seatposts in your life but they use all sorts of clamp mechanisms, not that many are interchangeable.

If your existing post can't take oval rails (checked?) then look if there is a specific kit for it (not likely).

The easiest way to solve this is simply to buy a new seatpost.

Which seatpost have you got?
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Depends on post. I've got a Canyon Endurace with the VCLS (leaf spring) post. The clamp that it came with only took round rails but I found that Ergon (the OEM) and Canyon both sold conversion kits (a new clamp) that worked with oival/carbon rails.

£15 so not exactly cheap but meant I could use my old saddle. Very specific to the post though.
  • Thanks.....saddle has fallen off one seatpost, but I've put it on another one, and it looks more secure, will try this, unless any other thought?
    "It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end."