Cheapish Jerseys

mw22
mw22 Posts: 78
edited September 2017 in Commuting chat
Anyone have any recommendations for cheapish jerseys for the commute.
Prev best buy were some Ronhill ones - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ronhill-Mens-B ... V0HBC?th=1 but these seem to be at the end of their shelf life now and can't find a replacement (in red).

Doesn't need loads of features and whilst don't expect a performance fit - don't want something thats going to act as a sale.

The Ronhills used to retail for £10!!

DHB seem to have had a price hike, trawled decathlon, planet x and no joy. Could do with an Aldi event!!

Cheers
Road: Kuota Kebel
TT: Canyon Speedmax
Work: Norco search

Comments

• DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Perhaps Start cycles? (now start fitness)
  • http://www.merlincycles.com/lusso-linea ... 81022.html are not bad for £20, got red and fluro one last week.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mw22 wrote:
    Could do with an Aldi event!!
    28th of September, apparently.
  • Aliexpress.com :) Cheap and cheerful. Good and at prices you can simply replace regularly !
  • mw22
    mw22 Posts: 78
    Thanks for replies so far;

Startfitness was actually where the Ronhill stuff used to come from. I do have some more mile stuff for running. So this is an option.

NitrousOxide - whats the sleeve length like on those? Looks very short. Ideally want something that'll reach the arm warmers.

Aliexpress... dont mind buying overseas, the Ronhills despite cheap always seemed pretty decent quality. I don't mind replacing annually if kit falls apart, but does it feel decent enough whilst its in working order?
    Road: Kuota Kebel
    TT: Canyon Speedmax
    Work: Norco search
  • From the armpit, the Lusso Linea are ~5".
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Sportpursuit have Dare2B kit cheap at the mo, jerseys from £9. Don't have any myself but have friends who've used their ski clothing and found it decent for the price. Other cheap jerseys on SP too.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/100-cycling ... 54143.html

I've got a couple of these which I used for the commute. Only 2 pockets so I tend not to use them for leisure rides, but I always had a bag when commuting anyway. No complaints, and worth a punt for a fiver.
  • WeezySwiss wrote:
    Aliexpress.com :) Cheap and cheerful. Good and at prices you can simply replace regularly !

How are the sizes? I'd never buy a team jersey from there but I do like some of the comical designs they have....I'd just like to know more about the sizing.
  • kirkee
    kirkee Posts: 369
    For cheap kit I shamelessly buy gear from ebay I find its good enough quality but you have the fit gamble. I also use the local Sportsdirect store with some good deals on muddy fox kit. I have been impressed with the Muddy fox Mtb cut baggy shorts and jersey. They also do some bright colour road style jerseys that are good for the commute.
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    cubedean wrote:
    WeezySwiss wrote:
    Aliexpress.com :) Cheap and cheerful. Good and at prices you can simply replace regularly !

How are the sizes? I'd never buy a team jersey from there but I do like some of the comical designs they have....I'd just like to know more about the sizing.

I tend to go up a size when buying from Aliexpress, bought some retro jersies from them that Prendas sell but much cheaper and with full zips. Does take best part of a month to arrive and if you have any issues it's best to write the money off. I had one jersey with a faulty zip and the seller said initially he'd replace it, then a refund if I sent the jersey back then when questioned again he said he'd already issued a refund despite no refund showing but that was only one transaction I've had issues with over the last 3 years.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • cubedean wrote:
    WeezySwiss wrote:

I've now bought 6 jerseys and a couple of pairs of bibs from Ali Express. Haven't paid more than £12 for a jersey.

My advice would be to only buy products/use sellers with good feedback. I bought one jersey which had v little feedback because i liked the design and nobody else stocked it. This one was not such good quality. All of the others are equivalent quality to £40/£50 jerseys I have bought in UK. Proper waffle fabric and decent zips etc. Have been v pleased overall

Sizing - as above I have always gone 1 size bigger and this has worked well.

Delivery typically 3 weeks I would say
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • cubedean wrote:
    WeezySwiss wrote:

I've now bought 6 jerseys and a couple of pairs of bibs from Ali Express. Haven't paid more than £12 for a jersey.

My advice would be to only buy products/use sellers with good feedback. I bought one jersey which had v little feedback because i liked the design and nobody else stocked it. This one was not such good quality. All of the others are equivalent quality to £40/£50 jerseys I have bought in UK. Proper waffle fabric and decent zips etc. Have been v pleased overall

Sizing - as above I have always gone 1 size bigger and this has worked well.

Delivery typically 3 weeks I would say

Thanks for your feedback guys, i'll take a look and make note of some reputable sellers.
  • Planet X ones have served me well over the last few years. Decent quality and, true to their DFS reputation, they're regularly on sale.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mw22 wrote:
    Thanks for replies so far;

Aliexpress... dont mind buying overseas, the Ronhills despite cheap always seemed pretty decent quality. I don't mind replacing annually if kit falls apart, but does it feel decent enough whilst its in working order?

For me it's comfy and does the job admirably. I also find the padding much better than local bought.

Just remember that they're smaller than we are and as such adjust sizing accordingly :) Having said that the jerseys I use are mediums for a 40" chest.

But I can ge a full jersey and bib set delivered for about £20 and 2 years down the line all still going strong.
  • BigMonka wrote:
    Planet X ones have served me well over the last few years. Decent quality and, true to their DFS reputation, they're regularly on sale.

The 'pro fit' jerseys are great if you like a snug fit and are slim.