Violent cycling incident in Blackpool

rumbataz
rumbataz Posts: 796
edited September 2017 in Road general
What's going on here then? Video is in this link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -OVER.html

Must have been scary for the driver and passenger. It's incidents like this that make drivers utterly hate cyclists.

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    rumbataz wrote:
    What's going on here then? Video is in this link:

Must have been scary for the driver and passenger. It's incidents like this that make drivers utterly hate cyclists.
    Dunno - selective video which doesn't show why the rider would be taking photos of vehicles to start with.
    Yes - must have been scary for the driver & passenger - don't know why that would make drivers "utterly hate cyclists" though - the rider was just a person, in normal day clothes who happened to have been riding a bike.
  • rumbataz
    Blackpool Gazette reporting the same story in case the Daily Fail offends. :mrgreen:

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/ ... -1-8728273
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    That's all very well, but "A monkey trapped in a drain sparked an emergency call out in Marton"

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/ ... -1-8729833
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Daily Mail readers all hate cyclists anyway. There's a good chance if the video was seen from further back the driver would have done something to enrage the cyclist, whatever that might have been has of course been edited out. The thousands of videos around of drivers nearly killing cyclists don't seem to have any effect on public opinion so why would this?
    Daily Mail click bait non-story that underlines the prejudices of the narrow minded fools that read that rag.
  • Orkneylad
    Orkneylad Posts: 104
    Shame we don't see what happened earlier, although that cyclist does look off his meds and somewhat demented.
  • Orkneylad wrote:
    Shame we don't see what happened earlier, although that cyclist does look off his meds and somewhat demented.

His username on here is 'Matthewfalle'
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    He's off his head on crack or mcat. Look at his eyes, totally out of it.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    More psycho than cyclist.

Especially when he almost went under the bin lorry.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    His username on here is 'Matthewfalle'
    He looks far too sane for that.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    That's all very well, but "A monkey trapped in a drain sparked an emergency call out in Marton"

I like that it's a privately owned monkey. The public owned ones aren't usually as much bother.
  • rumbataz

That's quite a clever monkey. Good hiding place!
  • kingstongraham
    Fenix wrote:

I like that it's a privately owned monkey. The public owned ones aren't usually as much bother.

More entrepreneurial.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    That bloke is mental. If anything he's going to catch any chest hair he has in that zip of his his cheap polyester trackie top. He wants to at least wear a t-shirt under that. Can't be very warm either.

I like the monkey story though - that was quietly weird.

Wonder how angry mental bloke would gave got if the monkey would gave driven a taxi at him?

I think I went to Blackpool once, but I also think I went to Malta once but am not too sure.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Daily Mail readers all hate cyclists anyway. There's a good chance if the video was seen from further back the driver would have done something to enrage the cyclist, whatever that might have been has of course been edited out. The thousands of videos around of drivers nearly killing cyclists don't seem to have any effect on public opinion so why would this?
    Daily Mail click bait non-story that underlines the prejudices of the narrow minded fools that read that rag.

The Daily Heil hate every minority and blame them for the UKs problems.
    It's the biggest example of the main stream media talking utter bullshit.
    I agree the "pick on all cyclists " articles are clickbait. It's just a shame their readership don't have the intelligence to see through the bias and incorrect assumptions and unable to think rationally and balanced.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    We had none of this road rage before Brexit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • kingstongraham
    This must be bad for house prices.
  • Daily Mail clickbait, nothing to see here, move on.
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    Silly taxi driver, you aren't supposed to hang around, take a lesson from one of your neighbours:

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/13-year-old-cyclist-seriously-injured-crash-car-346489
  • Out of the 20 or so threads in the front page of this section, 4 are yours.

Sometimes it is useful to use the "search" function, in case some topics have already been discussed. Other times it's worth considering whether a new thread will really benefit the community as a whole... is it informative? Is it useful? If the answer is no, then don't bother
    left the forum March 2023
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Veronese68 wrote:

+1000
    Beautifully stated.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18