I saw Big Foot!!

BchrisW
BchrisW Posts: 5
edited August 2017 in Road general
No, not really. But I am a guy with high volume feet, and it's time to break down and buy a new pair of road shoes. So I need some suggestions on shoes, from those of you out there who have feet that need a larger toe box. So, bring on the suggestions...

Comments

• timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I've found diadora best for my wide feet.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Bont - standard width have a generous toe box, but a wider fit is also available.
    Giro - standard fit is maybe a bit narrow if your feet a really wide although they work for me. They do 'HV' models.
    Specialized - again, these have a nice wide toe box, but I find they pinch across the top of the foot.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,386
    I have wide, flat feet - as per above suggestion, Bont (Riot) did the trick fo me
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,579
    Mavic Maxi fit.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    BchrisW wrote:
    No, not really. But I am a guy with high volume feet, and it's time to break down and buy a new pair of road shoes. So I need some suggestions on shoes, from those of you out there who have feet that need a larger toe box. So, bring on the suggestions...

What shoes do you have currently?
  • BchrisW
    BchrisW Posts: 5
    Currently wearing out a pair of Diadora X-Country 2 mtb shoes. I picked the mtb shoes because I also use them for commuting back and forth to work and I wanted something I could walk in comfortably. But the time has come to get a pair of dedicated road shoes and pedals. The Diadoras I have fit nicely, and are comfortable, but the sole is a bit too flexible and they're HEAVY.