thursday for the snark was a boojum, you see

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,530
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

lazy ride, lazy cafe stop, lazy sunbed, lazy beers

where's t47b? think of the tabbies, they must be worried too

and why hasn't stevo sent anyone down yet?

scorchio
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, much cooler here today, I think arm warmers will be required on this mornings ride, the central heating as fired into life
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Yeah Friday eve

Loverky walk with the family last night looking for painted rocks in the woods - odd, but it kept the rugrats moving

Today is working locally but no ride as I'm resting my knackered legs. Later is my parents over for dinner as I realised I've still not told them the youngest rugrat has broken his elbow
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Grey, overcast, fresh. Have absolutely no idea what's planned for today.

Oh - looks like the wind has just picked up as well .......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    sungod wrote:
    and why hasn't stevo sent anyone down yet?
    Trotting off to do my civic duty in about half an hour. I could get used to these civil service hours :) There was an ad on the wall in the court building about becoming a magistrate - no previous legal experience necessary. Just think of the power! And next time Seano is in the dock for indecent exposure on Wimbledon common....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    What did you do to the child TLW? If you beat them you have to make sure it doesn't show.
    Are you only at the start Oxo? Day 4 goes past the premises of one of my customers in Blidworth if anyone is watching the Tour of Britain. They will have a few Triumph rally cars out the front.
    Lovely low sun and blue sky as I was riding in this morning. Ground mist in the park was bloody freezing though. Traditional Thursday morning hangover is in evidence, not surprising really. Crazy Swede is due in this afternoon, he usually brings me beer which is always good.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Armwarmers deployed to beat the morning chill. Another puncture, though luckily only half a mile from the office. Rear tyre is looking a bit sorry for itself, and has picked up some big cuts. May have to be retired if I get another puncture.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    hopkinb wrote:
    Armwarmers deployed to beat the morning chill. Another puncture, though luckily only half a mile from the office. Rear tyre is looking a bit sorry for itself, and has picked up some big cuts. May have to be retired if I get another puncture.
    Just whack on a Schwalbe marathon. No more punctures :D

You'll have to leave 30mins earlier and suffer the indignity of being overtaken by all and sundry but on the plus side your thighs will benefit from the treacle like ride.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

You'll have to leave 30mins earlier and suffer the indignity of being overtaken by all and sundry but on the plus side your thighs will benefit from the treacle like ride.

I used to have them on my old bike, 32mm marathon plus. 1.6 kg of tyre. I did get one puncture in 18 months, but just the one.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I used to have them on my old bike, 32mm marathon plus. 1.6 kg of tyre. I did get one puncture in 18 months, but just the one.
    Conti gatorskin hardshells for me. No punctures and weigh less than lead. Makes me faster than a roadie with a puncture :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    I've got 32mm Vittoria hyper somethingorothers on mine, seem pretty puncture resistant and roll nicely. What size tyres are you on now. I've got a spare 28mm Vittoria Rubino Pro at home that won't fit on the back of the boys bike. Stick a bit of tubeless sealant in your tubes and use a fast tyre. Actually, will your whoosh new wheels go tubeless? That could be the way to go.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,328
    I think the sun and consumption of local mushrooms plus the feline interference with cognition will soon find you attending the mad hatter's tea party SG.

I concur with VN. Although, the CX or Pave's will allow you to go as quickly as your old body will allow. Add some latex tubes for the tub feel and puncture resistance. The Rubino's are as sticky as the Marathons. It's your choice but the subsequent demoralisation of going slowly, I doubt you would recover from.

Morning squires and squares.

Me waiting on National Windscreens me. 2 stone chips that are too close together to repair plus the fact that it is de-laminating around the edges and looks like permanent misting up means I can get a sparkly new windscreen to pimp my ride up even more.
    Now need to just fix the radio somehow and play some suitable music loud. Any suggestions?

Still recovering. Not dead yet. Weather is okay. What's it like over there Gazza?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    I think the sun and consumption of local mushrooms plus the feline interference with cognition will soon find you attending the mad hatter's tea party SG.

I concur with VN. Although, the CX or Pave's will allow you to go as quickly as your old body will allow. Add some latex tubes for the tub feel and puncture resistance. The Rubino's are as sticky as the Marathons. It's your choice but the subsequent demoralisation of going slowly, I doubt you would recover from.

I just went to fix the puncture. I have the Paves on your recco Pinno, I love 'em, but I've picked up a massive cut, exposing the cotton. If I cycle over anything even slightly sharp and happen to hit that cut, it's going to pop. B*gger. I have a brand new Michelin pro 4 endurance at home. I'll use that and have non matching tyres for a bit.

The wheel are tubeless ready, but tubeless sounds like a massive faff, despite being supposedly less of a faff.
  • pinno
    'Tub' meaning tubular, not tubeless.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Rubino Pro Tech, if you can still get them. failing that, Michelin Pro4 Endurance in a 28mm. Failing even that, Vittoria Randonneur in a 32mm. lighter than Marathons. Failing that - Bus
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    'Tub' meaning tubular, not tubeless.

I know, V68 had suggested tubeless.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    The wheel are tubeless ready, but tubeless sounds like a massive faff, despite being supposedly less of a faff.
    Tubeless ready is a faff with all the rim tape and slime etc.

Not sure if road wheels come in proper tubeless (UST) spec as they are much easier on my MTBs - just lever the tyres on the rim and inflate. No tape, no slimy mess. The only problem I have is getting the bloody tyres on the rim but these are DH tyres and seriously heavy/stiff. Would expect the roadie equivalents to be easier.

That said it's a bit late for you now...
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Don't know what is going on on the roads today, saw the immediate aftermath of 3 crashes in 4 hours driving this morning on A and B roads, that was before the torrential rain... None of them had anything to do with me before you say it. Office now, I prefer looking at trees
  • Matthewfalle
    Just been for a pizza and red wine lunch. Yum yum.

Zaffiris used to do the job for me nicely when I communted on clinchers - dirt cheap, look good, don't weigh too bad, pretty good on the old puncture front.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Just been for a pizza and red wine lunch. Yum yum.

Zaffiris used to do the job for me nicely when I communted on clinchers - dirt cheap, look good, don't weigh too bad, pretty good on the old puncture front.

Topping? Wine? All very important for my vicarious enjoyment of your lunch.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pepperoni and jalapeño peppers, trad but tasty, Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, one glass of. All round hit the nail on the head.

Have just finished clearing a bit of the garage out - it's amazing what you find. Carbon Zipp stem. Oh, nice. Ultegra groupset. Oh. Forgotten about that.

Carry on, who knows what I'll find.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Pepperoni and jalapeño peppers, trad but tasty, Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, one glass of. All round hit the nail on the head.

Have just finished clearing a bit of the garage out - it's amazing what you find. Carbon Zipp stem. Oh, nice. Ultegra groupset. Oh. Forgotten about that.

If those parts need a good home then let me know. I've been barred from spending more money on bikes but if I do it cash then it won't show up on the bank statement :wink:

Just did a stressful thing at work via a con. call to people who scare the shit out of me. All went well so I need beer this evening, seriously putting in jeopardy the prospect of cycling...
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:

If those parts need a good home then let me know. I've been barred from spending more money on bikes but if I do it cash then it won't show up on the bank statement :wink:

Just did a stressful thing at work via a con. call to people who scare the shoot out of me. All went well so I need beer this evening, seriously putting in jeopardy the prospect of cycling...

Will do indeeeeeedy :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Who's up for an Inspector Montalbano watchathon on saturday evening? BYOBs
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Who's up for an Inspector Montalbano watchathon on saturday evening? BYOBs

That's a novel idea. You're quite arty farty when you want to be Gazza.
  • Garry H
    Certainly am. I love a bit of foreign culture me. My wife's uncle lives in Sicily. He has one leg.

We need to coordinate this so that we're all watching the same episode, at the same time.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Certainly am. I love a bit of foreign culture me. My wife's uncle lives in Sicily. He has one leg.

Sure you do - you mean you like the foreign burds. Did Uncle get the wrong side of La Cosa Nostra?!
  • Garry H
    Na, Welsh Mafia Godfather Dai Abetese got him
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Na, Welsh Mafia Godfather Dai Abetese got him
    There's a tricky black run at Bike Park Wales called 'Dai Hard'. I thought that was rather witty :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Garry H wrote:

We need to coordinate this so that we're all watching the same episode, at the same time.

Saturday = local beer festival