wednesday o frabjous day! callooh! callay!

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafes, sunbed

and, yes, scorchio
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot sleep - tight legs after last nights run had me worried as it's less than 3 weeks till the race

Bright side jacket potato for lunch for the 2nd day in a row
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, miserable start to the day overcast , slight drizzle with rain forecast for the majority of the day, I need to pop into the metropolis ( that is known locally as Lincoln),
    Have a good day

Not very scorchio here
  • Don't get too mimsy
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    No bike ... ran instead ... wasn't too bad, it was dark, I had a torch and there was lots of roots, rocks and black things to jump over. Bit like training for the zombie apocalypse
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Not due in court till 10 but awake so doing a spot of real work to keep up with stuff. Bad news is they don't break for lunch till 1 so the judge will be listening to my guts rumbling later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Slept in til 7 today, it was nice but I feel more tired now than I did yesterday after a 5:50 start and a 5k PB, no idea how. Weirdly sunny in south Scotland this morning, I expect it will cloud over and rain any second, bloody place. Went out on the bike last night, only for an hour but I'm starting to think I need some 50s to go with the 38s, more wooshing and less pedalling until I die...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    TLW1 wrote:
    Shoot sleep - tight legs after last nights run had me worried as it's less than 3 weeks till the race

It's really not fair that those terrible people are forcing you to race.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not due in court till 10 but awake so doing a spot of real work to keep up with stuff. Bad news is they don't break for lunch till 1 so the judge will be listening to my guts rumbling later on.
    Are you not allowed crisps in the courtroom?
  • seanoconn
    Decided not to cycle in this morning. It wasn't raining but I chose to believe the forecast that it was actually raining and managed to arrive to work bone dry despite the pouring rain.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

It's really not fair that those terrible people are forcing you to race.

It's for charity - so pressure there
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Raining and windy, so going to drink some coffee, do some weights and see if I can sell a couple of bicycles.

Have just smashed head against wall with photohosting - going to have to retake pictures against bland backdrop when sun is shining.

Bit meh really ................................
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Raining and windy
    Morning, miserable start to the day overcast , slight drizzle with rain forecast
    Dry here, forecast promising some sunshine later.
    However I got a mile down the road and my drive side chainstay snapped :(

I think today I'll be looking at bikes I can't afford.
  • Morning all. Drizzly here, hoodies and jackets for the TTs and lights for me. It's still bloody August... More teaching people with me having no idea what they're supposed to be learning, followed by being paid to cycle across town and read some stuff to people. Then more TT shepherding and maybe some photo sorting. Not quite living up to SG's enthusiastic title.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Don't get too mimsy
    Definitely not brillig round these parts and this slithy tove ain't gimbling any wabe. WFH and turbo.
  • Matthewfalle
    Absolutely hissing down. I'm not going anywhere.

Summer, eh ........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    He chortled in his joy. :D Marvellous, makes a change from the physics & sci-fi.

How much annual leave do you get SG? Or are you sufficiently high-up in GMC that annual leave is just a concept, rather than something to adhere to. You've definitely spent at least half the year on a sunbed.

Normal gubbins day here. I expect to get soaked later, so clipped the guards on to mitigate that. I bought & drank one of Stevo's favourite ciders last night - is it the Westons Vintage you like? I feel like I've been beaten up. I don't get on well with oak.
  • haydenm

Sh1t! What bike? And what bike will you be replacing it with? You probably need discs and clearance for 28s.
  • Matthewfalle
    Raining and windy
    Morning, miserable start to the day overcast , slight drizzle with rain forecast
    Dry here, forecast promising some sunshine later.

S2 from the discounted piles. Utter bargain.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    That's dull to say the least, but did it go snicker-snack?
    Enjoy the bike shopping at least. Worth getting a frame and swapping bits over?
    Rather moist down here, wimped out and drove in because of stuff and rubbish excuses. Mainly it's quicker and I get to give the wife a lift home. Going to pop over to Twickenham and join her for lunch later, then today being Wednesday I will be going to the pub. Until then customer avoidance is in order.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    It was a Merida Race Lite, just shy of 12k miles according to Strava so it's had a fair innings.
    Maybe I'll just get a cheap frameset for the winter and swap the bits over, or maybe I'll just spend the autumn/winter on the singlespeed.
    I've been eyeing up a new bike for a while to be fair, but buying one just before winter to get it trashed by mud/grit/salt doesn't make sense.
  • haydenm
    A great opportunity to buy a winter bike now, then consider a summer bike during the spring. Genesis gets my vote for steel winter bike
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    just shy of 12k miles according to Strava so it's had a fair innings.

I'd be quite p!ssed off if my chainstay snapped after 12k miles!
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll buy a kebab for lunch and take it in to see what they say.

Thought you'd been in court before for arson Seano? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    I bought & drank one of Stevo's favourite ciders last night - is it the Westons Vintage you like? I feel like I've been beaten up. I don't get on well with oak.
    That's the stuff. Maybe you need something a bit stronger :)

Try the Dunkerton Black Fox or the Chaplin & Cork Vintage. Which reminds I have some in the fridge...
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. Glad to see everyone full of the joys of autumn or should I say summer. Steve hang on in there a bit of personal pain might help you focus on sending the guilty scroats to nearest holiday camp sorry meant penal colony. TLW1 feel your pain got half marathon in just over 3 wks and not enough fitness at the moment. Hopefully things will improve so I can beat last year's time. Enjoy the horrible grey day.
    Still bloody waiting! I'll be in a bad mood by time I get in there...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I've just had a customer point out to me that we sell cola scented rim cleaner. WTF!?!
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll buy a kebab for lunch and take it in to see what they say.

Thought you'd been in court before for arson Seano? :wink:
    Indecent exposure actually :P
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I've just had a customer point out to me that we sell cola scented rim cleaner. WTF!?!

Probably better than the Original source mint stuff, that makes it tingle quite disconcertingly
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Why am I slightly aroused?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    seanoconn wrote:

Only Pringles or McCoys surely, or any loud crisp for that matter, actually could you try the cream cracker challenge three in one minute?

Mcning, no sign of sun or summer here its cold grey an looks like itll rain any given moment. Someone in the office has come in with conjunctivitis so now the managers have gone on some bizarre cleanliness kick which is great fun.
    Some vague form of a plan today other halfs car has started leaking coolant from somewhere so I put a shot of washing up liquid in told her to check for bubbles when she gets to work :lol: I cant trust her with anything more she managed to fill the brake fluid last night, so that was fun!

Anyway coffee an onwards