Still great or starting to smell funny?

Comments

• shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Am I missing something?
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Still good.
    Don't watch as many of the how to's and stuff but like the weekly shows and the new tech etc
    The pro bike segments are good too
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Orkneylad wrote:

You obviously missed the irony in the other post where it was suggested you start a poll.
  • Orkneylad
    Orkneylad Posts: 104
    Imposter wrote:
    Orkneylad wrote:

You obviously missed the irony in the other post where it was suggested you start a poll.

hehe well the subtleties of ironic discourse are not my strong point maybe.....hard to tell without the facial expressions that should go with it. Anyway, we'll see I guess, I have no problem being in a minority of one. :D
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Option 4 - Not interested.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • As a newbie to road cycling last year it was invaluable for me.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    PBlakeney wrote:
  • Orkneylad
    Orkneylad Posts: 104
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

FTFY :D
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Like the content, like the presenters, don't like the product placement and endorsement without declaring it
  • Stueys wrote:
    Like the content, like the presenters, don't like the product placement and endorsement without declaring it

They are a PR/ media company
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Past it is sell-by date?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Never watched it before but did today after clicking on the link on the other thread.

Watched one video about Stannard's Cervelo. Not that great really, but then again, what can you say about a bike you can order online.

Watched one video about setting up your gears. Nothing new really.

It's just kinda how I imagined it to be - bit bland overall.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Stueys wrote:
    They do list all the sponsors in the description under each video
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    So long as you bear in mind that GCN is principally a revenue stream/source of income for those involved, then you won't go far wrong.
  • There is a lot of well made and informative videos on the channel, but you really have to search for it now as they have released SO MANY videos. It's almost content saturation with the number of new videos they put out each week. It's obviously working for them though. I follow them and watch the odd video here and there if one takes my interest.

Imposter wrote:
    So long as you bear in mind that GCN is principally a revenue stream/source of income for those involved, then you won't go far wrong.
    This too. It does annoy me every so often the amount of product placement and mechanise pushing! But at the end of the day you can't make videos and pay presenter wages if you're not bringing in any revenue, so it's a necessary evil.
  • I would say it may ebb and flow with your personal interest in riding in general. If you're new and excited, very valuable and entertaining.

Old and grumpy and ridden too many miles in too many years, maybe you don't like it anymore.
  • pblakeney
    Imposter wrote:
    Met them one day during a coffee break from filming at a cafe in Mallorca. Do people think they do this out of their own pocket? This is not a hobby for them. Not now anyway.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Met them one day during a coffee break from filming at a cafe in Mallorca. Do people think they do this out of their own pocket? This is not a hobby for them. Not now anyway.
    Did they ever? I doubt that they are exactly raking it in. I can't begrudge someone earning a living.
  • pblakeney
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Did they ever? I doubt that they are exactly raking it in. I can't begrudge someone earning a living.
    Oh, I agree.
    My post was more aimed at those complaining about adverts.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

They do alright for themselves. PlaySportsNetwork now has well over 50 employees I think, and they got about £10m investment from Eurosport recently.
  • cgfw201 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

They do alright for themselves. PlaySportsNetwork now has well over 50 employees I think, and they got about £10m investment from Eurosport recently.

So indeed, the company owners are raking it in
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    G C N ???, just voted inline with that, what on earth is it as I may know of it in another life.