tuesday wallowing in the spin foam of spacetime

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafes, pick up some crusty poppy seed rolls on the way back, sunbed

i have determined that time is just an illusion due to increasing entropy, move on, more beer

scorchio
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it looks like another nice day is on the cards, just drinking coffee and wondering what to do for the rest of the day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Morning

Coffee on the stove, cornflakes in the bowl, about to head out on N1 for an hour and a half the family drudgery - hopefully not too many meltdowns today ......

Catch ya in a bit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Sat on a tram to Croydon to do jury service. How exciting :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    I doubt Stevo needs any advice on how to act during jusry service. I suspect he has a little black cap with him for when he orders the death penalty. Actually if he wears that early enough they might send him home.
    Lovely morning here, I've mostly recovered from the excesses of Saturday. Nice wobble in the sunshine to get to the joys of sunny Hanworth. Now got loads of emails and orders to deal with. Deep joy.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Do your duty Stevo, send him down.
    I have the same opportunity in October.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Just wandered off to the SCR thread for tales of H³ smashing everything whilst whooshing up CS7 on his lairy wheels. Then I realised it's probably too early for him.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nah. I forgot I had an 8 a.m. call with Frankfurters, so wfh this morning. Sedate pedal in later this morning. Smashy smashy on the way home.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    First day back today but not too miserable as I left my workload in a reasonable state before I left. Today shall involve easing myself back into the swing of things, swearing at estate agents and solicitors. Baby making again this evening, 500 million champion swimmers are already in the water.

Good luck to anyone in the dock today in Croydon!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Sat on a tram to Croydon to do jury service. How exciting :roll:

If you are selected, stand up and shout 'Guilty'

You'll be on the next train home.

On a related note, my mate was called for jury duty a few years ago. He turned up on the day wearing a CND T-shirt and looking a bit crusty, he wasn't selected...obviously.
  • Matthewfalle
    I was selected once and the first day of the trial was the day after I smashed my head open in a racin' incident (no helmets in those days, just cotton caps).

As I tripped over all the chairs in the court room and bumped into a load of people due to concussion, I wasn't asked to stay......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Doesn't Croydon have some dodgy tram drivers?

"What am I doing here...what am I doing here...?" [Totally unrelated to the above]

Me got eye appointment me. Then more tinkering. Weather does not look promising.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    just got back from my ride on N1 bike with new rear mech cable.

Red is amazing
    I rock.
    I crush everything.
    Nothing and nobody is faster than me, including The Fabled 10,000 Gazelles of Speed
    Cat 3 Zwift here I come - watch out lads, I'm comin' for you.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Used to. I think they sacked him. We did go round that same bend very slowly this morning...

And the court is near that Box Bar place that Hoppy went to once - at least I'll get fed. Now waiting to to get called in to do my Judge Dredd stuff.

No free wi-fi - bloody disgrace.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Red is amazing
    I rock.
    I crush everything.
    Nothing and nobody is faster than me, including The Fabled 10,000 Gazelles of Speed

I thought you were on the M1?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:

i've done jury service three bloody times, which just isn't fair, score was one let off, the rest were nailed

getting to handle several kilos of coke was novel, all plastic wrapped though, only one of the jurors got my charlie joke, other memories are mainly boredom, boredom, boredom, how unattractive the other jurors were, and boredom
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Used to. I think they sacked him. We did go round that same bend very slowly this morning...

And the court is near that Box Bar place that Hoppy went to once - at least I'll get fed. Now waiting to to get called in to do my Judge Dredd stuff.

Been there a few times Stevo. Very handy for us on the tram from Wimbledon. Massive choice of different grub. Only been in the evening mind you, so don't know how much is open at lunchtime.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Ah Jury service, yeah sat around three days bored to hell then got sent home as they pleased guilty.

Anyway Monday/Tuesday/confused day.

Coffee No.2 has been necked, random bit of pastry inhaled and various people insulted an dog has been fussed.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Office day, went to the shop to buy nice cheese, bread and meat for lunch. Did running this morning and last night, planning a flat ride this evening too, feeling pretty good, just need some red wine for lunch...
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    other memories are mainly boredom, boredom, boredom, how unattractive the other jurors were, and boredom
    Kinda sums it up. And I haven't been asked to do anything yet. Hopefully will let get out for some grub soon.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Two pages by lunchtime!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Deck construction suspended today, will do wall cladding instead for a change. Meant I had to build two temporary work platforms for it today. May fall to my death tomorrow if my handiwork is dodgy, but at least I won't have to finish the sodding deck.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Just had "artisan made" pasty for lunch in the sun with TDV and Das Hunt, which is nice.

Now coffee is on the stove and I am basking in the glory of being faster on my bicycle than anything else in this world.

I may even repair my pressure washer.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Red is amazing
    I rock.
    I crush everything.

I thought you were on the M1?!

Still looking for it....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

I am basking in the glory of being faster on my bicycle than anything else in this world.

I've managed to latch on to your wheel though MF, and you can't shake me off, and I'm not taking my turn. What's gonna happen?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

I am basking in the glory of being faster on my bicycle than anything else in this world.

I've managed to latch on to your wheel though MF, and you can't shake me off, and I'm not taking my turn. What's gonna happen?

Ooof. I've blown up big style, I've had to put a foot down and everything, and chundered all over my handlebars and front wheel. You win MF. You quickest. I need to buy a turbo.
  • Stevo_666
    Goat curry for lunch while listening to a spot of Reggae down at the 'Box Park' in tropical East Croydon. Still got nout to do...
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Goat curry for lunch while listening to a spot of Reggae down at the 'Box Park' in tropical East Croydon. Still got nout to do...

Curry any good?
  • sungod
    surely that should be curry goat
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Went to work today, doing as much as Stevo mind
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy