garmins again!

turbo1191
turbo1191 Posts: 501
edited September 2017 in Road general
Hi folks.. just wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems syncing there garmins recently? im trying to 'create a course' then sync to my garmin and its not having it. It seems to be connecting but not syncing.. All genuine cables so that shouldnt be a problem.. please help!

Comments

• sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    Drag and drop the gpx file into the New folder on the device using normal file explorer.
  • Bluetooth
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • rlanger
    rlanger Posts: 19
    Use DynamicWatch Route Planner and never sync to your PC again.

https://dynamic.watch/plan#
  • turbo1191
    turbo1191 Posts: 501
    So, for someone who isn't too tech savvy - do I create my route in dynamicwatch and then do I download that to my computer? Then I presume I would drag it manually into a file folder in the garmin touring (course)?
  • turbo1191 wrote:
    So, for someone who isn't too tech savvy - do I create my route in dynamicwatch and then do I download that to my computer? Then I presume I would drag it manually into a file folder in the garmin touring (course)?

No PC required. First, download the IQ app from the app store to your Garmin.

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/b7ef ... 4e97f376ac

Then, when you create and save a route on the DynamicWatch website, it simply shows up in the app on the Garmin and is available to download.

You really don't even need a PC, you can do it all on your phone. There's even a plug-in for the chrome browser that will let you save any Strava route directly to your DynamicWatch list for download to your Garmin. Just navigate to the route you want to save, then click the plug-in button and it's done.
  • Sounds great. How do I download it to my garmin. Didn't realise I could download an app to my touring edge? :?
  • turbo1191 wrote:
    Sounds great. How do I download it to my garmin. Didn't realise I could download an app to my touring edge? :?

I assume you have the Garmin Connect app on your phone? You can get to the IQ app store from Connect. The DynamicWatch app should be one of the first few listed for download.

Download it on your phone then sync your phone with your Garmin. Done.