'ning

long ride with much climbing, and cafes

btw hoppy, you need to chop the top off that steerer

scorchio
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , blue skies but a bit on the cool side at the moment, today bike ride, roast beef, a couple of pints.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice here too, current wife is still in bed feeling below par as our romantic night ended being rather boozy

Today is cycling over to her uncles for a tennis party, unfortunately I'm driving back

Later will be supporting the local, but not to closing like the last few days
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Going to the flicks to Despicable Me 3 with Bambino. Apart from that, not a lot planned really.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Hung over, no cycling for me today. I pedalled up to where the gf and friends were taking the dogs for a walk yesterday and got PBS the entire way on the new wheels. I'm putting it down to the lovely new wheels rather than the fact I'm much fitter than I used to be, it's all about the bike after all...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Going to the flicks to Despicable Me 3 with Bambino.

Not worth it.

The Rolling Stones aren't exactly obscure SG. Decrepit yes, obscure no.

Toots today. Have a cold that's making my bones ache and my head fuzzy.

Drunken sex isn't that good, hey TLW?

Pics of your GF's friends HM please.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    HaydenM wrote:
    Hung over, no cycling for me today. I pedalled up to where the gf and friends were taking the dogs for a walk yesterday and got PBS the entire way on the new wheels. I'm putting it down to the lovely new wheels rather than the fact I'm much fitter than I used to be, it's all about the bike after all...

or that you wanted to go look at the various friends...
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    Pics of your GF's friends HM please.

Laters.

Can't do it from the phone but they are mostly dogs...

Also, got some sh1te news that a mate of mine fell off his mtb and has lost sensation from his neck down. Only happened on Wednesday so not much known yet, not sure when it's acceptable to start fundraising and things
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    Also, got some sh1te news that a mate of mine fell off his mtb and has lost sensation from his neck down. Only happened on Wednesday so not much known yet, not sure when it's acceptable to start fundraising and things

Not good. I'd wait. Maybe it's a temporary loss even though you might feel helpless at the moment,
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Columbia Road for me, tasting wedding cake and looking at flowers. Then a Turkish shop in Leyton for some cheap grub. Maybe posh butcher in Wanstead. Then pick up mini H3 from grandma's then home to stroke my wheels, and maybe ride them.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    ended up with 120k and 1700m ascent, my almost feline climbing skills were put to the test (climb like a fatcat, descend like a kitten)

nasty headwind for much of the first half, the sort where going downhill feels like going uphill, excellent tailwind for much of the way back, should have added an extra climb to bring it to 2k but after fuelling most of the way on coke i was craving getting to the cafe for something savoury

definitely scorchio, i think pinno gets grumpier as the temperature rises

wheres t47b? hope he's not been overcome by the heat, though i think it eased off there now
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Home now, time for a nap methinks.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Went hillwalking with kids. Saw a Sikorsky and two apache helicopters flying above.
  • hopkinb
    A small ride, wheels are round and make a nice noise. Annoyed though, as I bought a shimano 11-28 cassette because it was waay cheaper than the sram one. It's fine, but the sram one has a 16 tooth cog, while the shimano one has a 23 or a 21 instead. I like the 16 tooth. Bugger.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    ...i think pinno gets grumpier as the temperature rises.

Quite the opposite SG. It's frikkin 17 degrees here.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    ...i think pinno gets grumpier as the temperature rises.

Quite the opposite SG. It's frikkin 17 degrees here.

That's hot up there isn't it?
  • Matthewfalle
    Many thanks for the film tips guys - beginning with f film was very good, loses it at the end like someone on the writing team resigned and they drafted in the office junior. Second "dance fight" was rubbish with v poor music choice but some good 80s throwbacks throughout for hose who had to suffer the decade of Thatcher's tyranny and mullets (the general populations mullets that is, not Thatcher's. She was just a tyrannical bitch).

Still better than anything TDv has ever chosen though.

Have to go and watch it again with Bambina next week, but at least now I know where to fall asleep.

Now sitting in the garden with Das Hunt drinking Ricard and eating salametto - 3 down, 9 to go .......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    White wine of beer guys? Thinking white as I have chilli and coconut chicken breasts with Jersey royals and broccoli for dinner.

Waddya say?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    A small ride, wheels are round and make a nice noise. Annoyed though, as I bought a shimano 11-28 cassette because it was waay cheaper than the sram one. It's fine, but the sram one has a 16 tooth cog, while the shimano one has a 23 or a 21 instead. I like the 16 tooth. Bugger.

Looking at the pic from the other day I don't have the same wheels as you, mine are the 38s (non disc). Just got back from a flat 45km ride and saw the same as yesterday, PBs on every segment. 8 days touring on a 35kg bike might have made more difference but it's definitely the lovely new wheels
  • hopkinb
    White wine of beer guys? Thinking white as I have chilli and coconut chicken breasts with Jersey royals and broccoli for dinner.

Waddya say?

White, given the Asian spice, a Riesling with a bit of residual sugar. Or gewürztraminer. Or cold beer.
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Looking at the pic from the other day I don't have the same wheels as you, mine are the 38s (non disc). Just got back from a flat 45km ride and saw the same as yesterday, PBs on every segment. 8 days touring on a 35kg bike might have made more difference but it's definitely the lovely new wheels
    50s with discs for me. I'm yet to turn the Garmin on. Most of my riding is communting, so I doubt I'll see too much of a difference, though I expect I'll give it some extra subconsciously.

Glad you're enjoying yours HaydenM.

Mine are actually 100g lighter than my alloy rims, so might even be quicker up the hills, though my fat @rse might have something to say about that.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Now up North after being awake from stupid o'clock with residual jet lag. Kept myself going on the drive up with a big can of Monster and a bacon sarnie.

Now sorting through more crap at the parents house. May have a drink later and enjoy MOTD :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    edited August 2017
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

50s with discs for me. I'm yet to turn the Garmin on. Most of my riding is communting, so I doubt I'll see too much of a difference, though I expect I'll give it some extra subconsciously.

Glad you're enjoying yours HaydenM.

Mine are actually 100g lighter than my alloy rims, so might even be quicker up the hills, though my fat @rse might have something to say about that.

Mine replaced the stock wheels from my bottom spec super six evo so they are likely to be nearly 1kg lighter with these new tyres as well. The 50s would have helped today but it's usually bloody windy up here
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Hmm, maybe bling wheels are what I need.
  • Matthewfalle
    bling wheels are what everyone needs.

if only more people listened to my advice the world would be a far saner place.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Waddya say?

White, given the Asian spice, a Riesling with a bit of residual sugar. Or gewürztraminer. Or cold beer.

Went for a rose in the end as it was in the wine fridge nicely chilled. Chicken wasn't too bad either .....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

best order the SRAM one then.

buy it. by it. by it. buy it now.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

best order the SRAM one then.

buy it. by it. by it. buy it now.

I have the sram one with only 1000km on the old wheel. I'll swap it over when I can be arsed. This shimano cassette better for those family rides when I'm spinning 34/25 with Mrs H3(2) while she blows out of her @rse, moaning about 1% gradients.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

Waddya say?

Went for a rose in the end as it was in the wine fridge nicely chilled. Chicken wasn't too bad either .....

Oooh. Wine fridge. Fancy. I'm thinking of spending on a bit of remodelling of the back end of the house. Big kitchen diner thing, well, big for a terrace in London. Wine fridge is on my list.
  • Matthewfalle
    without sounding like a nonce, a wine fridge is handy because it means you can bulk buy and keep everything out of the normal fridge.

remember you also need a wine rack for red ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.