Scott CR1 Frankenbike

JeremyIFisher
JeremyIFisher Posts: 19
edited September 2017 in Your road bikes
Newbie here, and the first, and only, bike I have ever built (so don't judge too harshly). Scott CR1 SL frame from 2012 built up with various parts scavenged from ebay and similar places so a total mishmash of brands. The groupset, saddle, bottle cages and bar tape are pretty much the only thing new on it.

IMG_20170825_070942.jpg
(been trying new hosts since photobucket went downhill google seems buggier than photobucket!)

Frameset: Scott CR1 Sl XL (58cm) 2012
Bars: Specialized S-Works Carbon (44cm, shallow drop)
Stem: Specialized S-Works Carbon Wrapped Alloy (110mm)
Headset: Scott with Scott/Ritchey spacer mix.
Bar Tape: Lizard Skins (very badly wrapped)

Seat: Fizik Aliante Kium
Seat Post: Zipp SL Speed Carbon
Seat Post Clamp: Generic

Groupset: Ultegra 6800 (aside from BB)
Cranks: 175mm
Chainring(s): 52/36
Chain: 11 speed 6800 with KMC masterlink
Cassette: 11-28
Pedals: Look Keo Classic (very worn out, will be swapping it out for Max Blade 2)
Bottom Bracket: Dura Ace BB91

Wheels: Mavic Ksyrium SLE
Tyres: Continental 4000S II 700/23 (would have gone with 25 but heard that clearance can sometimes be an issue with this frame so played it safe)

Bottle Cages: Elite Custom Race

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Cannot see pic
  • diamonddog
    That's a good first build IMO, I think it would look better with the stem in the negative position if you can live with it and matched bottle cages.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Yup - looking good my man

Flip the stem level the bars (the bits at the bottom should be horizontal) and rock on.

Top for for a first build that - better than we see from some people who profess to know what they are doing .....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

• Flip the stem level the bars (the bits at the bottom should be horizontal) and rock on...
    diamonddog wrote:
    I think it would look better with the stem in the negative position.

Thanks for the tips, I will definitely try to level the bars.

I know I really should go low angle with the stem but my current bike came with an unusually high stem and decided to go with what I am used to, at least for now.
    diamonddog wrote:
    matched bottle cages.
    I sorta like it: decided to go slightly different to add some splashes of white here and there, especially with the white hub / single spoke setup on the Mavics (i am also installing some white keo pedals today). Technically they do match, they are different colour options of the same bottle cage.
  • diamonddog
    No prob, your bike your choice.
  • nice saddle.
  • guym
    guym Posts: 50
    Stem is angled up and bars are angled down, if you level the two out all will be good. Fine effort for a first build, the CR1 is a great frame.

Flip the stem level the bars (the bits at the bottom should be horizontal) and rock on...
    diamonddog wrote:
    I think it would look better with the stem in the negative position.

Thanks for the tips, I will definitely try to level the bars.

I know I really should go low angle with the stem but my current bike came with an unusually high stem and decided to go with what I am used to, at least for now.
    diamonddog wrote:
    matched bottle cages.
    I sorta like it: decided to go slightly different to add some splashes of white here and there, especially with the white hub / single spoke setup on the Mavics (i am also installing some white keo pedals today). Technically they do match, they are different colour options of the same bottle cage.