Strava - Garmin - Anybody know a decent tool to reverse a route

woodyonthebeach
woodyonthebeach Posts: 583
edited August 2017 in Tour & expedition
Anybody know a decent tool to reverse a route you have made using Strava either on a Garmin GPS or via another tool without having to do a new route
The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now

Comments

• johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    Import into ridewithgps, can reverse a route in that (subscription)
    bikehike also reverses routes as does bikeroutetoaster (both free)
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Reverse route is not actually subscription on ridewithgps - I do it all the time and dont pay anything.

Garmin Connect has reverse route too.

Does Strava not? It must be just about the only one that doesnt...
  • Cheers guys. I will give them both a go.

Strava does not which is annoying. I would like it if Garmin was able to support reversing a route on the actual device as you can load searchable basemaps on to it.
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Cheers guys. I will give them both a go.

Strava does not which is annoying. I would like it if Garmin was able to support reversing a route on the actual device as you can load searchable basemaps on to it.

Lordy - I wouldn't trust my device to reverse the route. One of the biggest errors you can do with a Garmin in my experience is let it choose the route.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • @meanredspider - Where is your sense of adventure.

RWGPS is doing some funny stuff when I reverse the route, it adds a little detour into a nice residential area when I edit that it changes the rest of my route which is a little annoying. I think I may just go native and use my head once I get back to my old stomping ground