friday as the sword goes on to sate its lust

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

long ride, with much rehydration and cafe based scoffing, followed by basking

if this windless calm continues, it'll be scorchio en las puertas del infierno, that's as hot as portrayed by electric six
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, a bright start to the day here, still working in the garden , all being well the skip will be removed today, so if things go to plan the job will be completed by the end of next week
  • Morning all. Brother/mother-in-law combo survived, today is work then other brother and his family arriving for the weekend. Four children and four adults - note to self, may need to buy beds and food. Have a good day...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Hmph. Jet lagged. Early night helped a bit but the alarm was a real shock. On train into work where hopefully not much going on and coffee can be drunk.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Welcome back to Blighty Stevo, although that sentiment may not be shared by your minions.
    Today, I am required to earn a few shekels to pay for Mrs BM's penchant for enjoying the foreign sun.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    hmmmm, just got in to work and looked on the whiteboard to see who was in today ...... looks like the whole office is choosing to "work" from home today .... on a bank holiday weekend

I imagine there "work" from home will involve a lot of sitting in holiday traffic ..... might book meetings with all of them this afternoon just to p1ss them of and hear the excuses to why they cant make it
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    At least it's sunny Stevo, I should think the temperature this morning was a bit of a shock. When I got back it was torrential rain just to add insult to injury.
    Very glad it's Fryday. Had to drive in as I need to bunk off early, pick the girl child up and take her to physio later. Then I will meet the Mrs in a pub to start the weekend. Off up to Northampton tomorrow for a rather big pissup. Good job it's a long weekend as I will need Monday to recover. Just need to get through the day without murderising anyone. Shame I can't work from home at the moment. I think I used to do it wrong though, I'd actually work.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Working from home as the family are away rather than bank holiday! Meant a decent night out last night and a long run this morning
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning folks, just back into the land of the living after incident at work put me in resus. Suspect i may be taking it steady for a bit.
    WTAF?????

Hope you are ok Oxo!

Shagged out from all the manual labour still. Steel structure is now in (Yay!). Doing some concrete footings to re-align some stairs, then the fun starts next week. First job will be to finish cladding on one end of house. Then build the deck. Then sell the damned place and GTFOOH.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Wtf are you doing back at work on a Friday before a bank holiday Stevo? You must really love the tax.

Massive burger dinner for me last night at Meat Liquor meant a somewhat sluggish ride in. Spot of coffee and work avoidance as we coast towards the long weekend.

Mrs H3(2) off on her hen do this weekend, I have been tasked with cleaning the house in her absence.
  • hopkinb
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning folks, just back into the land of the living after incident at work put me in resus. Suspect i may be taking it steady for a bit.

Sheeeit. What did you do Oxo? Glad you're well enough to be posting. Take it easy.
  • veronese68
    oxoman wrote:
    Hopefully get kicked out later.
    Good luck, hopefully they'll let you go for the weekend. Glad it wasn't worse.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Yay, Friday!y Off to vet's to get flea treatment for Max the Cat.

Stevo, wtf? Back in work on a friday! You wear glasses, if I remember correctly.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Any old racket sounds good when you're on LSD, doesn't it Sungod?

Lighter gas is much better to suck Oxo. No long term ill effects from the CO I hope Oxo?

Raining. Meh. Must list some stuff on fleabay.
    Happy GTFOOH WS.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    oxoman wrote:
    Dose of CO kind of knocked me for 6. Coffee making can be bloody dangerous. Luckily not to high but enough to affect me. Currently waiting for Dracula again and results from xray. Hopefully get kicked out later. Cheers for the concern.

CO as in carbon monoxide? or is it yet another acronym I don't know?

Hope you're feeling better soon.

The older I get, the better I was.

• hopkinb
    I just got a text from Wiggle/Yodel. Something has been delivered. Only thing I have ordered is WHEELS plus bits for WHEELS. Hopefully I can put my new WHEELS on the bike at the weekend.

Only problem is that Mrs H3(2) is wfh today, so will have probably taken delivery of the wheels. Trying to pretend that my wheels have always looked like that is now no longer an option...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb wrote:
    I just got a text from Wiggle/Yodel. Something has been delivered. Only thing I have ordered is WHEELS plus bits for WHEELS. Hopefully I can put my new WHEELS on the bike at the weekend.

Only problem is that Mrs H3(2) is wfh today, so will have probably taken delivery of the wheels. Trying to pretend that my wheels have always looked like that is now no longer an option...

I could always distract her for you...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    hopkinb wrote:

Tell her they are your original wheels and you sent them away for rebuild.
    Neglect to tell her that like Trigger's broom*, the rebuild involved new hubs, new spokes, new rims. Simple.

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUl6PooveJE

The older I get, the better I was.

• veronese68
    As I recall CO is bad because it acts in a similar way to oxygen in that it grabs on to a red blood cell, unlike oxygen it doesn't then let go so it effectively limits the amount of oxygen you can carry until the affected cells get replaced. I could be wrong and I have no idea why I know this.
    Just had a good argument with a customer, he's a complete arsehole and we've been saying for years we'd be better off if he never bought from us again. Hopefully I've done the job this time, but we've thought that before and he eventually comes crawling back.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Tell her they are your original wheels and you sent them away for rebuild.
    Neglect to tell her that like Trigger's broom*, the rebuild involved new hubs, new spokes, new rims. Simple.

Same rim tape, tubes an tyres though so you may be able to blag it ;) Or do what I did told mine the old ones were wearing thin found some random google image showed her that she nodded agreed an then said she had no idea what she was looking at.

Anyway, Morning, Coffee has been evacuated from a cup at speed, along with a lactase tablet barming 22c outside and 27c inside so fan is on dog has slopped beside me currently dreaming away tail an leg twitches.
    Minimal effort planned today then home to scalp the grass as its looking a bit long, lawnmower also needs a drink holder for beer ive concluded.

Steveo, welcome back to blighty, you've missed some very meh weather.

Oxo, you should get discharged, don't do anything strenuous, drink plenty and get some iron into you. In other words go to the pub order steak an Guinness.
  • hopkinb
    Old wheels. Well, not that old. They'll be shod with cx tyres and used for gravelly stuff avec famille.

URWN1_TFIK4_B.jpg

New wheels. I reckon Mrs H2(3) will smell a rat, even with her limited fcuk giving about bikes.

prod142952_IMGSET.jpg

I'm just going to say they were a clearance bargain, will make me go faster (I know they won't, but in my head they will), will make me go whoosh as I ride along, and will make me 17% more attractive to lady roadies. I am assuming she never Googles carbon wheelsets. That would be a potential problem.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    I am assuming she never Googles carbon wheelsets. That would be a potential problem.
    They're not carbon, they are budget plastic wheels as you are saving your money for your wedding and moneyhoon. Say it like that and she might even suck you off.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I am assuming she never Googles carbon wheelsets. That would be a potential problem.
    They're not carbon, they are budget plastic wheels as you are saving your money for your wedding and moneyhoon. Say it like that and she might even suck you off.
    He needs to say it like that before he gets married then.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Wtf are you doing back at work on a Friday before a bank holiday Stevo? You must really love the tax.

Massive burger dinner for me last night at Meat Liquor meant a somewhat sluggish ride in. Spot of coffee and work avoidance as we coast towards the long weekend.

Mrs H3(2) off on her hen do this weekend, I have been tasked with cleaning the house in her absence.
    Change of plan - I was going take today off but a combination of needing to preserve some holiday allowance for downhilling and the fact that I'm on jury service in Croydon next week means I would have been out for a full month. Better to be getting paid for being knackered as well :)
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    At least it's sunny Stevo, I should think the temperature this morning was a bit of a shock. When I got back it was torrential rain just to add insult to injury.
    I just chucked on some jeans and a t-shirt this morning (dress down Friday) and then realised that it was actually quite fresh out - I was getting used to walking outside and sweating inside of 60 seconds over in Septic-land.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:

Excellent ploy, cheap, but safe, plastic Chinese wheels because I'm saving money because I love her and want a lovely wedding. Plastics are hydrocarbons, so at the molecular level, I'm not pulling too much of a fast one, apart from the inconvenient hydrogen atoms, but what's a few hydrogen atoms between spouses?

I remember those sort of shenanigans. It was 23rd July 2007. Oh what a night that was....
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Yay, Friday!y Off to vet's to get flea treatment for Max the Cat.

Stevo, wtf? Back in work on a friday! You wear glasses, if I remember correctly.
    I also worked out how much it cost me to buy extra holiday. No thanks...
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Better to be getting paid for being knackered as well :)

Entirely correct.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Welcome back to Blighty Stevo, although that sentiment may not be shared by your minions.
    Today, I am required to earn a few shekels to pay for Mrs BM's penchant for enjoying the foreign sun.
    They'd be glad to see me if they were all here, skiving gits. I shall just have to make it worse for those that were daft enough not to escape before I returned :twisted:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    scenic misty start, overall a hot 100k, felt like riding into a fan heater most of the way back, definitely scorchio, excellent puff pastry chocolately cake along the way

stevo, you're doing it wrong, when you're the boss you are supposed to get more hols
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    SG - are you hammering these rides or taking it easy? You must need a break by now. You must also have heroic tan lines. Or does post-ride basking help to soften the razor sharp line?