Misheard song lyrics

orraloon
orraloon Posts: 12,615
edited September 2017 in The cake stop
"Don't be afraid to catch fish" sings Katy Perry on the Calvin Harris plus friends current release. That makes little sense thought I, looked it up, and it's not 'fish' but 'Feels' as in the song title. Silly me.

What is once heard cannot be unheard.

Any others?

Comments

• mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    My dad always thought Take That sang

"It only takes a miracle to fall in love" and not "it only takes a minute girl to fall in love"

When I was younger I thought the Chaka Khan/Whitney Houston I'm every woman song was

"Climb every woman" - I thought it was a bit odd as a 7-8 year old. the clue was in the song title
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,220
    Peter Kay does a brilliant bit on this in his shows.

Some of my favourites are:

'Beelzebub has a devil for a sideboard' - Bohemian Rhapsody

'I can't believe you kiss your c0ck at night' - That Don't Impress Me Much by Shania Twain
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    "I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram/I'm a Cilla Black fan" - 2nd verse of Bat Out of Hell
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Pross wrote:

'I can't believe you kiss your c0ck at night' - That Don't Impress Me Much by Shania Twain

'Let me staple the vicar' - We Are Family by Sister Sledge
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    Pross wrote:

Yes , how could I forget the classic Shania Twain line. I even thought she said that ^^^
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Another Shania Twain song Man I Feel Like A Woman there's a bit that sounds like "Come in my hair do what I dare". Which is in fact "colour" my hair.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Pross wrote:

Reminds me of an old joke where two blokes walk into a pub and look over the bar where a dog is lying down and licking his 'dangly bits'. The first bloke says 'I wish I could do that' and his mate replies 'well, buy him a bag of crisps and he might let you'.

Sorry to digress and drag the tone down even further.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,220
    Hendrix's immortal " 'scuse me while I kiss this guy"
  • For years my mate thought line in Led Zeppelin's, When The Levee Breaks was " make a monkey dig a hole" instead of "make a mountain man leave his home".
  • Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • "Later we'll have some f***ing pie and we'll do some carolling"

Rocking around the Christmas tree.

As an innocent child, this is what I would sing, and get confused why I was being told off.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    "Later we'll have some f***ing pie and we'll do some carolling"

Rocking around the Christmas tree.

As an innocent child, this is what I would sing, and get confused why I was being told off.

:lol:
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288

This reminds me of an old joke about Japanese cliff Richard fans mishearing the lyrics of one of his hits as "Tits and Fanny why we don't talk anymore".
  • Why do Los Lobos in La Bamba sing about Teesside Airport?

In the Lion King opening scene why are they singing about Arsene Wenger?

Rhythm is a dancer - It's a source of anger?

Think I need my ears syringing
  • "All of my life, why did my mother have to kidnap Sacha Distel?"

Manic Monday, The Bangles.
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.