Where to buy 32mm Conti 4 seasons?

Addnan
Addnan Posts: 5
edited August 2017 in Road general
I'm looking for new tyres to commute on with my cross bike and thinking the 4 seasons in 32mm would be ideal. The thing seems to be pretty rare in the UK? I have seen Mantel.com sell them for £42 per tyre and Bike24 has them for €38+shipping.

Any other place I haven't looked that might be selling them. If I could somehow get them for £35-37 per I would get them.

Guess there are other options in the 32-38mm range,but 4 seasons are pretty tried and tested for me 25-28mm.

Comments

• #Brexit
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • JayBM
    JayBM Posts: 20
    I got a pair from bike24; 82eur delivered, so £37.50 each. Great services too!
  • adlopa
    adlopa Posts: 37
    Alternatively: http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYVIVOHY/v ... lding-tyre.

I use them on my commuter (35mm) and audax (32mm) audax bikes, and they've so-far proved more road-resistant than 4 Seasons (25mm) on my weekend bike.
  • bunter
    bunter Posts: 327
    A very good alternative is Schwalbe Marathon Supreme in 32mm. I have used both and prefer the Schwalbes.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I am currently using 4 Seasons in 32mm on my Jamis Renegade Expert. I got them from Rose, there is a 10 Euro voucher if you sign up to their newsletter and that brings them down to £32 each or thereabouts.

The Hypers are not as good as the 4 Seasons. This is my general impression of them:

Good:
    They are faster than the 4 Seasons in the dry. On dry conditions they are as fast and light as a fast road tyre.
    They have reflective sidewalls. Good for visibility in the dark.

Bad:
    They are not as puncture resistant - I had 2 punctures in little over 1000km. Both times something went through the carcass, I have now ridden the 4 Seasons for over 2000km and there are only a couple of small cuts in each tyre. No punctures.
    They dont grip as well in the wet - I lost my rear tyre in a few occasions when riding in the wet and I wasn't even riding them aggressively. On the other hand with the 4 Seasons you can ride them like you stole it in the wet.

The Supremes are slower than both the 4 Seasons and the Hypers. Possibly more durable than the 4 Seasons, they cost around the same. Not sure about the grip in the wet.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    also consider the gatorskin hardshell, I commute on those in a 32mm and prefer them to my 4 seasons @28mm for city commuting

they are slower to accelerate, but shrug off the potholes, broken glass, slimey cobbled streets, wet white lines and draincovers, bunny hopping, cutting across a field

The 4 seasons though are nicer on the open road though
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Problem with the hardshells, as with the gatorskins is the poor grip in the wet.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Problem with the hardshells, as with the gatorskins is the poor grip in the wet.

that's what the internet says .... but I cant say I notice any difference between the 28mm 4 seasons and the 32mm hardshells .... and I commute every day rain, shine, ice or snow

compared to the GP4000's in 25mm and the Michelin pro in 23mm .... there is a difference but the 4 season and harshell in their respective sizes grip the same ... if anything the Hardshell are better, but that's more due to the absolute crap road surface in Bristol and the lower pressure of the 32's

maybe if the 4 season was a 32mm I would notice a difference