edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafe, shop, bask, the heady ritual of the universe

scorchio
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, the sun is out here, more work in the garden, hopefully followed by a couple of hours on the bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    The joys of work today, followed by whatever I want as the family are away for a few days
  • Morning all. Already learnt my thing for today, thanks to SG's intriguing title.
    Work, then entertaining the mother in law, and my brother and his wife whilst shepherding the TTs. Could be worse than work.
    Have a good day all.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Normal stuff then may sell some stuff and buy an S5 ..... let's see how much I raise this morning.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    TLW1 wrote:
    The joys of work today, followed by whatever I want as the family are away for a few days

I love it when the family go away ..... it normally ends up with me eating excessive amounts of man food !!!

Oh and the house gets a lot tidier ... yet I don't do any tidying up :?

As for today - think I am going to drop some money on a 2016 Habit Carbon 3 ... yes yes the Anthem is better on paper, and the trance has more suspension ... but I like the habit its . SMOOOOOOOOOTH and as it turns out you can do Afan quite quite easily on 120mm ... mind you I don't know why I ever doubted it, I used to do it on a 80mm Klein !
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    Have they left you with the au pair? Will she agree to what ever you want?

Morning folks,
    Traditional Thursday morning hangover is in evidence. Back still hurts so I opted not to ride in to see if resting helps, I doubt it will and I really should have ridden in. It's actually reasonably sunny out there. Looked at the size of my Ale jersey and it's an XL. Fortunately Evans have XL in stock and it's cheaper than the Wiggle fat bastard size so I've ordered one. Just need to learn how to ride a bike again.
    Two cups of tea have been consumed, coffee machine is on and warming up nicely.
    onwards and upwards...
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Miss MRS doesn't need to be in hospital today (a remarkable day this year just for that). Mrs MRS is driving down with MRS Jnr1 and the dogs. I'm preparing for the Big Move.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Finally got someone at Wiggle to explain why my order was farked. Apparently because I chose expedited delivery, that borks the link to the finance site (I do love a bit of 0% finance, I always feel I'm pulling a fast one on the provider, though I expect they get their pound of flesh from the seller of the goods). All sorted now, but going to have to wait until next week for delivery of whooshiness.

No hangover, backache from holiday sunbed incident is receding into the background. Legs felt good on the ride in. Boss back in the office, which is unfortunate, kids still elsewhere, so the house is eerily quiet.

Otherwise, normal stuff will happen, coffee, crosswords, lunch etc.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, usual drivel occurring today. Work shy slacker child managed to balls up collecting workstation ID's for something he was tasked with yesterday as in turn on seven machines, get their host IDs. nope cant even do that!
    Not sure how you mess it up be he did so now muggins here has to, not even trusting him to get a hot water as he will likely stuff that up.

Anyway coffee, typing, more coffee an then hair chop after work.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    fat daddy wrote:
    As for today - think I am going to drop some money on a 2016 Habit Carbon 3 ... yes yes the Anthem is better on paper, and the trance has more suspension ... but I like the habit its . SMOOOOOOOOOTH and as it turns out you can do Afan quite quite easily on 120mm ... mind you I don't know why I ever doubted it, I used to do it on a 80mm Klein !

Uh?! Can someone translate this please? Is it psycho Crudder babble?
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, usual drivel occurring today. Work shy slacker child managed to balls up collecting workstation ID's for something he was tasked with yesterday as in turn on seven machines, get their host IDs. nope cant even do that!
    Not sure how you mess it up be he did so now muggins here has to, not even trusting him to get a hot water as he will likely stuff that up.

Another one! Wtf was all that about?

Me doing odd jobs me. Weather look promising but only if it's to cut grass. :roll:

FYI Joncomelately - Israeli Singer who had a couple of singles (jazzed up for the British Pop market) in the early 90's. Died prematurely. Very good looking woman in her prime.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    Morning all. Already learnt my thing for today, thanks to SG's intriguing title.

as pinno says, sadly died early following an hiv infected blood transfusion

the specific thing she touched was sisters of mercy's 'temple of love', which by law is only to be played louder than a loud thing that's loud, ideally louder
  • Matthewfalle
    B'stard shop sold my frame and forks. Bugger. Oh well, all is fair in love, war, business and paying the bills.

On to the next plan.........................

Giant Propel?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Another one! Wtf was all that about?[\quote]

Slacker child was told to turn on some computers an get the machine names which appear on the screen when you login, he failed gave me a pile of serial numbers from the back of the machines. basically like turning on a mobile to find out what the mobile number is, instead he comes back with some other gumph.
  • Thanks SG and Pinno - I had wikipaedia'd it before posting so had a brief synopsis. I like the idea of an Israeli Madonna, and loud music so will be youtubing later if things allow.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Giant Propel?
    I browse a local FB buy/sell group here for bikes and associated stuff, and one thing that stands out is the very high number of the Propel's for sale. They outnumber any other bike brand model by at least 3:1.

That suggests to me that while they may look fine, they must be horrid things to own and ride.

Followed by Spesh Venge various models. Lots of people buy them then realise they are sodding uncomfortable things to ride.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    I remember when I was young and stupid and going out with an older burd who I thought was well cool but was actually well mental and after I got banned from driving for speeding used to walk to her house listening to the Sisters of Mercy on my Walkman.

Now that was a waste of 9 months of my life. She was well mental.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Giant Propel?
    I browse a local FB buy/sell group here for bikes and associated stuff, and one thing that stands out is the very high number of the Propel's for sale. They outnumber any other bike brand model by at least 3:1.

That suggests to me that while they may look fine, they must be horrid things to own and ride.

Followed by Spesh Venge various models. Lots of people buy them then realise they are sodding uncomfortable things to ride.

Coolio - thank you very much. Hadn't even thought of that line of research - this will be a bit of a keeper (I'm not really a massive keeper of stuff unless its my n1 bike). Have had a look around but can't even find the funky black/orange frame - just some ghastly blue/black/yellow thing.

BMC? Budget is £1,500 for frame and forks so looking at stuff a couple of years old but still new.

To replace my Soloist that I fitted perfectly and loved to ride - S3 maybe?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Giant Propel?

Coolio - thank you very much. Hadn't even thought of that line of research - this will be a bit of a keeper (I'm not really a massive keeper of stuff unless its my n1 bike). Have had a look around but can't even find the funky black/orange frame - just some ghastly blue/black/yellow thing.

BMC? Budget is £1,500 for frame and forks so looking at stuff a couple of years old but still new.

To replace my Soloist that I fitted perfectly and loved to ride - S3 maybe?
    Look or Time? Or too French?
  • Matthewfalle
    If I could find a Look or Time in my price range then oh yes please - always thought they were mega money?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    If I could find a Look or Time in my price range then oh yes please - always thought they were mega money?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOK-695-SR-carbon-frame-set-incl-ZED-II-cranks-Medium-53cm/282618044909?hash=item41cd5921ed%3Ag%3AHoMAAOSwzPBZmZVh

Keep an eye on that one..
  • Matthewfalle
    Sweet find - thank you but want to go new (am pulling the full Ultegra 11 speed and carbons off my Solist) and need a 56/57.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

That's a bonkers looking bike bike Matthew. Would look best hooked up to a turbo and a laptop in your garage.
  • sungod
    Thanks SG and Pinno - I had wikipaedia'd it before posting so had a brief synopsis. I like the idea of an Israeli Madonna, and loud music so will be youtubing later if things allow.

temple of love, the version with ofra haza... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evu3I0ZoERc
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    hopkinb wrote:

That's a bonkers looking bike bike Matthew. Would look best hooked up to a turbo and a laptop in your garage.

:roll: .. its carbon ... everyone knows you cant put carbon on a turbo ... or get sweat on it .... sweat is just like rain remember !

edit .. or lick them

edit, edit ... Its the reason I dont have one, other wise I would be all over it
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Freakin' gorgeous isn't it? I reckon I could get top 10 placing in Div 3 on that.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Imagine NFNATN on that little baby.

Oh my dizzy aunt........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Just imagine NFNATN on any bike!

...or sat on my face.

I have a 12" vinyl of the Sisters of Mercy:

Lucretia my reflection

12"
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    mf will never be able to get that image out of his head now :D

no wind today, temperature has gone beyond scorchio
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    mf will never be able to get that image out of his head now :D

o

I just admit that a little bit of sick did pop into my mouth when reading that.

But then again, it did taste of curry Pot Noodle so I suppose that's no bad thing.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.