Help with bike

png1964
png1964 Posts: 4
edited August 2017 in Commuting general
I've posted this topic in road bikes and was asked to search here,

Hello I'm bit noob when it comes to road bikes and need some help. For the last 8 months been commuting to work (25 km daily mainly roads) on Scott Aspect 620 which is MTB, too slow too heavy not really suitable.

I'm considering to buy road bike (flat bar) with a budget between £800 - £1200 max and here I got a list of bike I'm interested in:

Giant Rapid 0 2017 - £799 best value for money ?
Giant Fast Road SLR 2017 - £799
Cube SL Road SL 2017 - £1150
Cannondale Quick Carbon 2 Flat Bar 2017 - £1040
Merida Speeder 400 2017 - £950
Specialized Sirrus Comp City 2017 Hybrid Bike £1000

love Giant CoMax 1 2017 but it's not available in UK

Could anyone help ... please, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I am looking for a hybrid for my missus at the moment as riding the SantaCruz when we go out on the road is killing her ... and destroying the knobbles off the tyres.

I happened across the Cannondale Carbon Quick 1 in a LBS ... its blooming lovely .... I don't care how good the others are for £1k+ its spot on .. looks lovely, feels balanced, good spec ... I loved it ! .. its about £500 more than she is willing to spend, but I nag her every day about it .. Buy the quick, Buy the quick ! .... I am sure she will give in soon .... she gave in and accepted "MEATBALL PARTY !!!!!!" ...... so it can only be a matter of time before she buys the quick !
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,586
    fat daddy wrote:
    .... I am sure she will give in soon .... she gave in and accepted "MEATBALL PARTY !!!!!!" ......

That sounds DODGY AS HELL but aside from that, I agree totally! :D

I have the Quick 1 on my list, as well as a Boardman Hybrid Pro.
    http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes/boardman-hybrid-bike-pro

I need mine for a short commute, and towing the littleun on a followmetandem.
    Also planning to fit tri bars, and still use it for longer weekend rides, with the littleun in tow.

Prefer drop bar bikes, but find with a small one on the rear, the steering feels a bit too twitchy for my liking, also on a C2W budget of sub 1K, drop bar bikes with hydraulic discs are not common.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Daniel B wrote:
    That sounds DODGY AS HELL but aside from that, I agree totally! :D .

its not as bad as you think

ttg2.jpg