'ning

ride up t' north, ride back again, umpty km up and down, with cafes

scorchio con fuego i expect
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Mornin' :)

I haven't been to bed yet..one more day in sunny Florida then we're back on a plane back to Atlanta. Had a swim in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico today as the Sun went down - very good.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, pleased to see you are both enjoying your holidays, I've just seen the weather forecast for this week , it's going to reach a staggering 23 degsC,
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Monday, and all that entails. None of it is good.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I too am here following a busy weekend. Am slightly tired but intend to take bambino to his activities in about 30 mins then take Das Hound for a walk, bit of a weights sesh, some chavving and then a pedal. Has potential.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    First day back in work after two weeks of cooking the Slogs in the Skiathos sunshine.

Like death and taxes, it has that feel of inevitability about it.

Ah well.

The older I get, the better I was.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    A rather moist Monday down here. Reasonably busy weekend has been enjoyed, hangover wasn't too bad yesterday. Still didn't manage to do everything I'd intended of course. Back's a bit knackered today after fiddling with my nuts, I should really do some yoga or something as I'm prone to a bad back. Is Shorty any better. Hopefully young MRS is recovering well. Got the lad at work this week as he's saving money for his big trip, this means I feel I should look like I'm working when he walks into the office which is unfortunate.
    Anyway, why hasn't anyone made me another cup of tea?
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Got the lad at work this week as he's saving money for his big trip, this means I feel I should look like I'm working when he walks into the office which is unfortunate.

Surely the first sentence solves the second sentence?!

A hard week making tea, fetching snacks, looking for left handed spanners & a long weight etc?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

First day back at work after 2 weeks off for the NC500, I'm hoping this is when the GF realises that it was actually really good and that she wants to do more cycling... I was up at sunrise this morning to get out on the bike, bloody freezing! Doesn't seem like much has changed at work since I've been away, no problems have landed on my desk yet...
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    ate a Reeses Peanutbutter cup

Funny how tastes changed ... 10 years ago I hated these things .. I really liked it today !
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Got the lad at work this week as he's saving money for his big trip, this means I feel I should look like I'm working when he walks into the office which is unfortunate.

A hard week making tea, fetching snacks, looking for left handed spanners & a long weight etc?

...and an errand to the local DIY store for sky hooks... adjusting widget valves etc.

'Reeses Peanutbutter cup'. Eurgh. Perhaps you should lay off that stuff and then you'll be just called 'Daddy'. :wink:

Shorty is better thank you. Safely dispatched for her first day at school proper and she seems very happy too. That is, until she realises that she hasn't seen Mummy and Daddy for a while.

Me fettling o/s drivers door handle and other things. There's bike stands at Lidl Gazza - £24.99 and reassuringly heavy.
    No rain so far, the lying, cheating, b4stards.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I think your right, child makes a perfect tea minion.

Anyways morning an what not, got up late as the alarm decided to not be alarming in work on time though, coffee has been drank and minions to be insulted. Usual Monday service in effect.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Pinno wrote:
    'Reeses Peanutbutter cup'. Eurgh. Perhaps you should lay off that stuff and then you'll be just called 'Daddy'. :wink:

I wish I could ..... I wonder how many calories jiggling my moobs burns .... if I jiggle them for the next 10 mins it might burn it off ?
  • veronese68
    Lad is working in the warehouse so can't make me tea until his break, any minute now thankfully.
    Peanut butter cups are rank. Peanut butter wrapped in poor quality milk chocolate, way too sweet and sickly. I really like them.
    Did I see TLW's au pair doesn't really drink? Surely that's only a matter of time until she's driven to it.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:

Me fettling o/s drivers door handle and other things. There's bike stands at Lidl Gazza - £24.99 and reassuringly heavy.
    No rain so far, the lying, cheating, b4stards.

Laters.

Churrs. Will pop in later
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Day off from DIY. Visited some friends out of town, which meant a long lazy lunch, lots of laughs and a silly game or two. (Schilte, anyone??)

Mid afternoon walk with their collection of 5 dogs and 4 goats round the paddock, stopped to visit the chooks and the Homicidal Duck.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    back from t'north, femes the hard way, haria hairpins down then back up, smidges over 115 km with 1500m up, pesky cross/headwind started halfway out

scenic at first with some overnight cloud to be climbed above, then it got burnt off, after which muy scorchio, blimey it was hot, got most of my calories from lovely cold cokes but still didn't drink enough
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Morning lads, pleased to see you are both enjoying your holidays, I've just seen the weather forecast for this week , it's going to reach a staggering 23 degsC,
    That's 1 degC less than the overnight minimum here :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Hang on, I've been to Florida in August. It may well be hot and sunny but as I recall both the temperature and humidity were very close to 100. Usually 100-104'F and 98-99% humidity. You couldn't move without sweating.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hang on, I've been to Florida in August. It may well be hot and sunny but as I recall both the temperature and humidity were very close to 100. Usually 100-104'F and 98-99% humidity. You couldn't move without sweating.
    We must be having a cold spell here, the max temp is 89F today. It is quite humid mind, and I'm not the most heat resistant so I'll be sweating like TLW standing next to a Spanish au pair :P
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll be sweating like TLW standing next to a Spanish au pair :P
    :lol:
    Yeah, I'd forgotten how uncomfortable it was until just now. It was ok if you didn't move a muscle, thankfully it rained when we did Disney so was manageable.
  • hopkinb
    I've just remembered we have no children for a week.

Mini H3 is with my mother until Wednesday, and then with Mrs H3(2)'s mother until Sunday. The boy is with his father for a fortnight.

Freedom! What will we do? I don't suppose it's be much different, except with less shouting of "sit up straight, lift your elbows off the table when you eat, get off that bl00dy phone, get in the shower NOW, put your dishes in the dishwasher, yes ALL OF THEM, no you can't watch another cr@ppy cartoon before bed, how long do you want to spend in that toilet, WILL YOU GO TO SLEEP" Fcken kidz. Will miss 'em when the novelty wears off though, probably by tomorrow evening when we go to the pub where our wedding reception is to be held to eat free food.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    I've just remembered we have no children for a week.

Mini H3 is with my mother until Wednesday, and then with Mrs H3(2)'s mother until Sunday. The boy is with his father for a fortnight.

Freedom! What will we do? I don't suppose it's be much different, except with less shouting of "sit up straight, lift your elbows off the table when you eat, get off that bl00dy phone, get in the shower NOW, put your dishes in the dishwasher, yes ALL OF THEM, no you can't watch another cr@ppy cartoon before bed, how long do you want to spend in that toilet, WILL YOU GO TO SLEEP" Fcken kidz. Will miss 'em when the novelty wears off though, probably by tomorrow evening when we go to the pub where our wedding reception is to be held to eat free food.

Can we come please if there is free food? I'd well be up for another epic road trip......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Ooofff. Back in work after almost three weeks and 3245 miles. Got back to sunny Littleborough on Thursday then after a mad dash about on Friday headed south again to Weston Super Mare for a party.

Not a chance in hell was I setting the alarm for a 5.30am pre work ride, looks like I'll have to suffer a run this evening as some daft bint has entered me for a half marathon in 6 weeks time.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    It's only free for us two MF, we've had to tell them what we want to try. I could stick a twix in the post if you're peckish? Might be a bit bashed about by the time it gets to Anglesey mind you. Why don't you pop down to Edwyn's and tell him to put a nice big steak & a bottle of red on my slate?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll be sweating like TLW standing next to a Spanish au pair :P
    :lol:
    Yeah, I'd forgotten how uncomfortable it was until just now. It was ok if you didn't move a muscle, thankfully it rained when we did Disney so was manageable.

Don't all greasy spicks sweat buckets :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That's 1 degC less than the overnight minimum here :)

...and only 7c less than the overnight minimum here...lightweights :roll:

Dragged the bed out into the garden room. Sleeping in the garden tonight to luxuriate in the cool that is 30c :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    It's only free for us two MF, we've had to tell them what we want to try. I could stick a twix in the post if you're peckish? Might be a bit bashed about by the time it gets to Anglesey mind you. Why don't you pop down to Edwyn's and tell him to put a nice big steak & a bottle of red on my slate?

I'm happy to wear a wig and a frock and pretend to be H2 if it gets me free food. I'll even do a little review of it for her in the style of one of those internet review sites - 74 people say it's wonderful, one says it's utterly appalling. Which opinion do you go with?

Edwyn's is a lovely suggestion - thank you - but he's closed for the next two weeks: it's goat butchering season and he's up to his armpits in cucumbers, radishes and a packet of Jalapeño chilies making the marinade.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Ooofff. Back in work after almost three weeks and 3245 miles. Got back to sunny Littleborough on Thursday then after a mad dash about on Friday headed south again to Weston Super Mare for a party.

Not a chance in hell was I setting the alarm for a 5.30am pre work ride, looks like I'll have to suffer a run this evening as some daft bint has entered me for a half marathon in 6 weeks time.

3245 miles? Ha. Pissss poor. I did more than that leaving my house and not getting to Garry's crib.

Child's play that mileage is.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

I'm happy to wear a wig and a frock and pretend to be H2 if it gets me free food. I'll even do a little review of it for her in the style of one of those internet review sites - 74 people say it's wonderful, one says it's utterly appalling. Which opinion do you go with?

Edwyn's is a lovely suggestion - thank you - but he's closed for the next two weeks: it's goat butchering season and he's up to his armpits in cucumbers, radishes and a packet of Jalapeño chilies making the marinade.

Kinky. Leadenhall Market at 6.

Save us a haunch of goat?
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Kinky. Leadenhall Market at 6.

Save us a haunch of goat?

I'm on my way. Vroom, vroom.

Of course. I'm baggsying the testicles because we're having a competition in the village to see who can throw them in the air the highest and catch them in our mouths.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.