edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

lazy ride followed by lazy day, with shopping and cafes

scorchio i expect
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    No scorchio in the Creative County I'm afraid.
    But dry, so my roofers are due to return to complete my fascia job. I expect they'll want paying...
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, non scorchio in Lincoln although the clouds are breaking and a bit of blue sky can be seen, the lawn and hedges require a trim today
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Off work today - so enjoyed the local last night

Traveling over to Anglesey today for my cousin wedding tomorrow - so should be fun
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just chillin' before workin' so will gave a coffee. May go and do some weights.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Coffee and waffles, then school run.

Non scorchio.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    morning misty volcano, before the sun pops up and burns it away

mistymountain.jpg
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, rain today starting at 11, going to get out on the bike first. Got back on Wednesday but I've been eating and sleeping, made it round the NC500 aside from cutting the last day due to 35mph head winds and a crying GF. She cried fewer times than she smiled so I would say it was a success! Turns out touring with 24kg of luggage (mine and hers all on my bike) is a silly thing to do but I need to make the most of these new leg muscles I've discovered...
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Scorchio, clearly. :D

I forgot to inject my insulin last night.

Never done that before. I will have to wait until midnight tonight to take it. Gonna be a problem day.

Going for a walk, a bike ride, cement a wall, paint things, going up and down ladders, run round in circles

No food.

I may be back... :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Hmm, leg muscles. I've heard about these things before but not discovered them myself. Well done HM, also to the GF. That's quite a distance and whilst being blown might be fun I'm not sure about being blown backwards.
    I was woken by the rain last night so it must have been quite heavy, thankfully had to drive in again as I have to go and collect the Mrs straight from work before going out for some scoff with the lad before he goes out on the lash again. He went out last night and hasn't been seen since. He's probably unconscious on a couch somewhere.
    Where's Seano? I know he's gone away but so is Stevo and he's bothering us. Has his Mrs battered him to death for ogling other women or has he drowned in vodka?
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    Hang on, I know what to do. If you start to get really stroppy it means sugar levels have gone to pot and you need to eat something sweet, or the opposite. It could just mean you're being grumpy however. If you black out it means you've had too much booze and need to sober up. Or you've died to death. A bucket of cold water thrown over you should help ascertain which.
    See, I remember my first aid training.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Another day closer to the finish. Sunny, 20 deg C, but blowing a screaming gale, 100+ km/h winds most of the day. Just what we need is more work to clean up round here...

Played sculptor for a while. A couple of bloody great rocks in the way where steel beams are to go, so rather then shift them I carved a channel through with a compressor driven hammer chisel. One more day of digging and with any luck that will be it.

There will be whisky shortly.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Indifferent weather, indifferent day at work ahead. Felt like I should have had a base layer on this morning, or arm warmers. Summer is almost gone.

Soon to be Mrs H2 found 2 packs of 2 fillet steaks reduced from £12 each to £3 in M&S yesterday. MiniH3 ate 2 of them with 2 fried eggs, and was hankering for more off our plates. She's like Desperate Dan when there's steak on the table

Driving up to Coventry tomorrow, which is a pita. However, I believe my brother will be cooking rump cap and I'm taking some nice wine, so it's not all bad.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    already 29 by 1000, and still four hours until solar noon :)

lazy ride around, sat outside cafe at the marina for a pancake, watching the boats with evocative sounds wafting by, first the stones and then plastic bertrand, transported me to another time

filled cinelli musette with strawberries and crusty rolls on the way back

sun has burned mist off the volcano, scorchio
  • Matthewfalle
    3rd crispy bacon sandwich of the morning noshed. Have a feeling that this weekend may be a tad hectic so stocking up the tummy larder.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    3rd crispy bacon sandwich of the morning noshed. Have a feeling that this weekend may be a tad hectic so stocking up the tummy larder.

What kind of bread? Well buttered? Colour of sauce? All essential details if you're going to tease us with tales of 3 bacon sandwiches.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...but so is Stevo and he's bothering us.

Tis' true but there are gators in Florida, so we live in hope.

@T47. You twit.
    @Hayden. After this, she'll either love you or hate you.
    @SG. Look, just sod off will you.

Seano's probably fawning over some other female, such is the fickle of heart (and his member needs to be shut in a door a few times or bashed with a hammer).

@H3 - surely you mean H4 when referring to the lad? Therefore, who's H?.

There's a ton of washing on the whirly gig. We're sitting here ready to press play and listen to the Mission Impossible soundtrack whilst taking in the washing should the weather turn to what it's supposed to be.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

@H3 - surely you mean H4 when referring to the lad? Therefore, who's H?.

As I understand it, though this is of course subject to the vagaries of the shattered fractals of the mind of MF:

I would consider myself to be H, being hopkinb.

However, MF refers to me as hopkinhopkinhopkin, conveniently shortened to H3.

My soon to be wife is Mrs H2, being the second of that name, though of course, MF could possibly want to call her Mrs H3(2)

Mini H3 is my 6 year old daughter and steak fiend (and offspring of me and Mrs H2), though of course, Mini H3 could be Mini H if we ignore Matthew.

We also have "the boy", who is not an H of any sort, being the 12 year old offspring of Mrs H2 and her ex-husband. Mrs H2 and I have been together now for some 10.5 years, so he's OK with me most of the time, seeing as he doesn't remember a time when I wasn't around. Not had a "your not my real dad, I don't have to do what you say" yet anyway, but he is approaching the teenage years, so I expect I have that to look forward to.

We did have another mini H as you know, being the offspring of me & Mrs H1, but no longer.

Alles klar? :shock:

It's basically all MF's fault for being too free with the number of h's. :D
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon,

Spent yesterday giving the car some very needed TLC, its now clean shiny an has far far less scratches an swirls in the paint. Looked lovely till it rained last night!
    Anyway Friday minimal work to be done aided by the fact my managers are all AWOL so huzzah! Home, burn dinner and tidy the bike up for a charity ride on Sunday.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Hang on, I know what to do. If you start to get really stroppy it means sugar levels have gone to pot and you need to eat something sweet, or the opposite. It could just mean you're being grumpy however. If you black out it means you've had too much booze and need to sober up. Or you've died to death. A bucket of cold water thrown over you should help ascertain which.
    See, I remember my first aid training.

Thanks for the tips...Just got back from a 3.5 hour walk in 37c, tested my blood glucose.. 88mg/dl so totally fine, I haven't eaten anything at all today so far, need to go mix cement this afternoon, that should keep the blood normal and avoid a trip to the hospital for an insulin drip :D

@pinno, cheers, helpful :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:

What kind of bread? Well buttered? Colour of sauce? All essential details if you're going to tease us with tales of 3 bacon sandwiches.
    Only one colour of sauce is acceptable with a bacon sarnie, same with dog rolls.
    hopkinb wrote:
    [
    =My soon to be wife is Mrs H2, being the second of that name, though of course, MF could possibly want to call her Mrs H3(2)
    Would H cubed squared become H to the power of 9? How do you make the little numbers up high to do this properly?

Happy to be of service Mr 47.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Where's Seano? I know he's gone away but so is Stevo and he's bothering us. Has his Mrs battered him to death for ogling other women or has he drowned in vodka?
    Oh hai :mrgreen:

Might wander down to get some brekkie in a minute then we're off out to Universal Studios later, followed by some pool time as it's rather hot and sunny. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Only one colour of sauce is acceptable with a bacon sarnie, same with dog rolls.
    hopkinb wrote:
    [
    =My soon to be wife is Mrs H2, being the second of that name, though of course, MF could possibly want to call her Mrs H3(2)
    Would H cubed squared become H to the power of 9? How do you make the little numbers up high to do this properly?

Happy to be of service Mr 47.

Dog rolls? You eat weird stuff over Kingston way.

Bacon sandwiches should be made with thick sliced & well buttered white bread, 3 or 4 rashers of back bacon, but still with a nice bit of fat on it, not too crisp, brown sauce is the correct condiment. Strong tea is the correct accompaniment.

Dunno, MF couldn't sort the little numbers either.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Dog roll is sausage in a bread roll, as in a sausage sarnie. You can't call them sausage rolls as that's something else altogether.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Bacon sandwiches should be made with thick sliced & well buttered white bread, 3 or 4 rashers of back bacon, but still with a nice bit of fat on it, not too crisp, brown sauce is the correct condiment. Strong tea is the correct accompaniment.
    This is correct, but the bread can be toasted and a fried egg can be added.
    hopkinb wrote:
    I can now do H² and H³ but not with other numbers so is (H³)² the same as H little 9. I now know how to do it in Word but it won't work on here.
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Dog roll is sausage in a bread roll, as in a sausage sarnie. You can't call them sausage rolls as that's something else altogether.
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I can now do H² and H³ but not with other numbers so is (H³)² the same as H little 9. I now know how to do it in Word but it won't work on here.

I can't get the H2 and H3 superscript things to work either on a Mac... how'd you do it?
  • veronese68
    I can't get the H2 and H3 superscript things to work either on a Mac... how'd you do it?
    Alt0178 and Alt0179 on PC. Had to do a bit of Googling to find it.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

A dog roll is a sausage batch, at least in Coventry and surrounding area! Other places might call a batch a bap, or a cob or a barmcake, or even a bridie.

Dunno about toasting the bread for a bacon sandwich, but you're right, an egg and dare I suggest a handful of fried mushrooms wpuld make it a truly deluxe mid morning snack!

Cheers for the numbers. I'll have to let the family know their new names. They'll roll their eyes at me in disgust at what a lame old b@stard I am. Even more than usual.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    They'll roll their eyes at me in disgust at what a lame old b@stard I am. Even more than usual.
    Good to know I'm not the only one that gets that. :mrgreen:
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Alt0178 and Alt0179 on PC. Had to do a bit of Googling to find it.

Yeah it works fine in Windows, but the characters seem not to work on a Mac keyboard. :?
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

A dog roll is a sausage batch, at least in Coventry and surrounding area! Other places might call a batch a bap, or a cob or a barmcake, or even a bridie.

Dunno about toasting the bread for a bacon sandwich, but you're right, an egg and dare I suggest a handful of fried mushrooms wpuld make it a truly deluxe mid morning snack!

Cheers for the numbers. I'll have to let the family know their new names. They'll roll their eyes at me in disgust at what a lame old b@stard I am. Even more than usual.

Don't confuse a batch with a banjo. Same same but different.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just having 2 Kerala chicken curries for lunch. Washing them down with Idris Fiery Ginger Beer (1 can of).

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.