Northwave shoe sizing against Spesh and Shimano

stuart_c-2
stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Looking at getting some new shoes and have my eye on some Northwave Blaze shoes. Seemingly no shop ever actually keeps these in stock and want me to buy before getting in to try on. I currently wear Spesh Sport MTB shoe in a 46 and know most Shimano shoes in a 46 fit, what experience do people have of Northwave and can they compare? Should I just go 46 as well? Have read a couple of reports of narrowness on their sizing.

Your insole/insight would be much appreciated to save me buying and sending back multiple pairs at once.

Thanks

Stuart
"I ride to eat"

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I use Northwave Extreme Plus and find their sizing pretty accurate. They do a wide fit version of some models if you have wide feet.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • rieko
    rieko Posts: 121
    I found Northwave slightly narrow however I do have slightly wide feet and ended up going for Shimano wide fit.
    Giant TCR
    Giant TCX
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    Stuart_C wrote:
    Hi,

Looking at getting some new shoes and have my eye on some Northwave Blaze shoes. Seemingly no shop ever actually keeps these in stock and want me to buy before getting in to try on. I currently wear Spesh Sport MTB shoe in a 46 and know most Shimano shoes in a 46 fit, what experience do people have of Northwave and can they compare? Should I just go 46 as well? Have read a couple of reports of narrowness on their sizing.

Your insole/insight would be much appreciated to save me buying and sending back multiple pairs at once.

Thanks

Stuart

I own both Northwave and Specialized and find the Spech a bit more 'roomy' for the same size. Not that the Northwave are uncomfortable but they do feel more snug around my foot. If you can, then try a pair on.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • I ordered Northwave Evolution Plus, shimano RP9 and Sidi Genius std and wide all in 41. The North-wave were a perfect fit, I returned the others. Shimano same length but toe box too cramped and instep too shallow (nearly ran out of strap). The Sidis were too long with std too narrow and wide too wide.
    I want to climb hills so badly;
    and I climb hills so badly