monday on the edge of time

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

lazy ride, go shopping, maybe visit marina

days are already blurring, left the pool cover off overnight, let it cool down a bit :D
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Work meh cheered up later when I pick up the au pair
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,478
    TLW1 wrote:
    Work meh cheered up later when I pick up the au pair
    It's something many of us aspire to :)

Main task today is to get my two out the door on time so we not rushing for the airport; they are useless at that sort of thing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good Morning, I can just about make out where the sun is, jobs today renew the front and rear gear cables and test ride
  • Good Morning, I can just about make out where the sun is, jobs today renew the front and rear gear cables and test ride

Fettling thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Back. Bollox to it all.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    hopkinb wrote:
    Back. Bollox to it all.

Where tf have yew been? We want to know all the finer details.

Meh. Frikkin raining. 'Well Gangsta innit' is going in to the body shop today. It's going to be a long week. Bit like waiting for a baby.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    I think it's definitely going to be a long week Piña. Mildly hungover after drinking too much yesterday.
    I'm holding on the phone for the council's parking incompetents. Got a ticket on Friday for not having a permit. I applied for a permit over a month ago, they changed to online permits a week after I applied so returned my application. Stupidly they seem to have no way of transferring an old paper permit to a different car. It's a total f@cking shambles. Just got through and spoke to someone with as much enthusiasm as a chest freezer, says he has now transferred the details on their system. I think I'll just have to sacrifice the next traffic warden I find.
    At least I managed to wobble in to work this morning.
    Welcome back Hopper, nobody missed you ;-)
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Back. Bollox to it all.

Where tf have yew been? We want to know all the finer details.

I've been on holiday Pinno. Misplaced my phone a couple of days before going away, and my spare is not smart. Unfortunately, I get a replacement smart phone today, so will be plugged back in to the modern world.

Holiday was distinctly sub par - wall to wall tattoos & 11 a.m. drinkers. To be fair to them, I think you had to start early to get p!ssed on the watery slop they called beer. Kids had a whale of a time, and the weather was decent enough, but I'll not be hurrying back. If you like a hefty lass with 3rd degree sunburn spilling out of poorly chosen swimwear, you'd have been spoiled for choice, but would have had to form an orderly queue behind all the shaven skulled meatheads. Food was chips or chips, with chips on the side.

Getting back on the bike this morning after 2 weeks off was a shock to the system too, my kit seems to have shrunk and I've done something to my back.
  • hopkinb wrote:

Holiday was distinctly sub par - wall to wall tattoos & 11 a.m. drinkers.

Great Yarmouth?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Welcome back Hopper, nobody missed you ;-)
    It's the tax tag team - Hoppy reappears just as I disappear. Except that you'll all miss me :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Except that you'll all miss me :P
    :shock:
    Have fun, enjoy goading the Trumpists.
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    wall to wall tattoos & 11 a.m. drinkers.

8-something this morning, stopped for a coffee, one of the older locals came up to the counter, got a large glass of white wine, necked it, wandered out

no tattoos though
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

8-something this morning, stopped for a coffee, one of the older locals came up to the counter, got a large glass of white wine, necked it, wandered out

no tattoos though

Doubt you're in an all-inclusive hotel in the grottier corner of Tenerife though.
  • sungod
    if i were i'd be drinking at 8 too!

but aside from that, you had lovely weather, did you ride up the volcano?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

no tattoos though

Doubt you're in an all-inclusive hotel in the grottier corner of Tenerife though.

Though given your posts yesterday, you seem to be in Lanzarote, a much more pleasant place to spend a couple of weeks.
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    if i were i'd be drinking at 8 too!

but aside from that, you had lovely weather, did you ride up the volcano?

Nope, I didn't get to hire a bike - the missus vetoed it. I would like to go back and do some riding there. Saw a few riders on the climb up to Masca.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McNing, joyous weekend spent with multiple A&E trips with the mother nurses, brilliant cant fault them, surgical team however have been useless. Taking her again later to out patients for a CT scan, should be fun as she has claustrophobia. Still could be worse I guess.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I went to Eastbourne yesterday - it was, bizarrely, utterly brilliant.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not Antigua, Monaco, St Tropez or any if the ilk, but it's brilliant.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not Antigua, Monaco, St Tropez or any if the ilk, but it's brilliant.

I went to Seaford a couple of years back - a few miles down the road from Eastbourne, lovely view of the Seven Sisters, but that was about it.

What was good about Eastbourne MF?
  • pinno

Yeah. 7 night clubs to choose form. It's improved since I lived there. Did you jump off the pier?
    oxoman wrote:
    Kids currently killing each other.

Ditto.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    It's not Wales.
  • pinno
    ...and there's a lovely putting course.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    It's not Wales.

It's a sign you're getting old. Eastbourne is a place where old people go to die. Used to get my Alfas fettled by an Italian (ex-Ferrari grand prix mech) in Eastbourne.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Started the day removing some of the remaining piece of the back decking. Another shining example of how *not* to build anything. On the upside, so much of this place was so badly built that it's easy to pull it apart and chuck it out. On the downside, pretty much everything has to be pulled apart and chucked out as a result...

A few more days of digging and levelling and the new framework can go in. Then the real work starts.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Now in the T5 lounge with supplies of caffeine and alcohol simultaneously. Stressy and Stroppy are on their phones so I may as well do the same for a bit until my glass is empty :)
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Now in the T5 lounge with supplies of caffeine and alcohol simultaneously. Stressy and Stroppy are on their phones so I may as well do the same for a bit until my glass is empty :)

Nice, enjoy your hols Stevo.

Do coffee and cloudy cider with bits of twig and birds nest in it go well together? Or have you moved off piste alcohol wise?
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Nice, enjoy your hols Stevo.

Do coffee and cloudy cider with bits of twig and birds nest in it go well together? Or have you moved off piste alcohol wise?
    They don't have cider :evil: Now on the plane waiting to take off in 20 mins or so and getting stuck into the 'sungod juice'. I've got 9 hours to get my money's worth :D
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    It's not Wales.

It's a sign you're getting old. Eastbourne is a place where old people go to die. Used to get my Alfas fettled by an Italian (ex-Ferrari grand prix mech) in Eastbourne.

Not that bloke who lived just off the seafront who had a shed load of GTV' V6's ?!?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pinno wrote:
    ...and there's a lovely putting course.

This. It's shaped like a pirate ship. It rocks. We were running like Jack Sparrow whenever we could.

And the fush n chups as they say NZ

And the Italian delicatessen that sells Simmenthal

And the ice cream parlour we went to that sold delish rum and raisin ice cream

And the beach, although pebbly, was nice

And the pier wasn't burnt down like in Brighton

And it was clean

And it wasn't Weymouth

And there were no hipsters like Bournemouth or Brighton

And the sun was sunny

And it was funny

And I got a free deck chair for an early afternoon snooze i the sun

And there was some funny graffiti on the sea wall
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol: