sunday down a corridor of flame

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

see which way the wind is blowing and either the shorter very steep or long less steep route to the lair of the tabby, cafe solo or two on the way, before high speed swoopiness on the return

on return drop into the smiley dinosaur's place for crusty bread, followed by vegging out, scorchio i hope
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    So ferkin tired - but once I wake up I can't get back to sleep - despite much Apple based drinks last night

Today is introducing the eldest to Austin powers and then off to ladybower for an organised practice of the ultra

Later is the local as the mother in law is over
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Holiday prep day today including dumping the hound off North of the river which will take ages. Stsrted some stuff last night to avoid other people panicking...but its still going to be a busy one once I'vs done my30 minutes of packing :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Day off from labourer tasks. Took the roadster for a drive in the countryside... nice spot to stop here

36367945502_fca6f6d34d_b.jpg

Back to the hard slog tomorrow.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Doesn't look too bad for mid-winter Spinner.
    Slow start has been had, need to do some odd jobs before going to a barbecue at a mate's. Drinking too much will take up the rest of the day and tomorrow will be even harder work.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning squires, squares and squabs

OH at work meh. Taking toots to the wet stuff later. Quite a nice day really. Saw dawn at roughly 5.30am when the cat wanted out; it was stunning, not a cloud in the sky.

Me on washing duties me. Must finish grass cutting later. Meh.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Doesn't look too bad for mid-winter Spinner.
    Slow start has been had, need to do some odd jobs before going to a barbecue at a mate's. Drinking too much will take up the rest of the day and tomorrow will be even harder work.
    Yes, can't complain 8) Roof down, glorious way to tour the countryside...
  • Wheelspinner
    The rest of that view...
    36402571261_8bc3ff5ff5_b.jpg
  • pinno
    Look Wheelspinner, with all due respect - sod off.
  • Afternoon all. Back from the in laws, still working off the pile of meat. And trying to walk, having got lost on a '3.5' mile run that turned in to a 7 miler. Fitter than I thought I was... Enjoy the remaining weekend, back to it tomorrow.

Apart from all of you on holiday or not at work - in which case, you know what you can do...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    First 100km of the year, tick. Come to it, first 100km in many a year outside of touring holiday pootling.

Happy. Beer beckons.
  • sungod
    just a pleasant 75k here, set off before sunrise for a cool start, by the top of timanfaya the sun was well up but morning mist clung around the volcanoes, the other side of the pass the temperature plummeted (to 20c), through a parting in the mist i saw a sleek form leaping the peaks, and heard a welcoming purr, the tabby was near, but he mist thickened again and i was past

descending, up again to mancha blanca, the fast road across the lava field, then a speed limit defying hurtle through the swoopy curves above uga, and back to yaiza for tortilla with chilli sauce and a coke while the town's lava cat watched over my shiny bike, one more climb then around the coast road and south for a coffee before hitting the sunbed

muy scorchio
  • Stevo_666
    Right, that's the hound dropped off at his temporary home for the next 2 weeks and checked into the flight. Just need to chuck my assembled bits of stuff in the case then I can clear out any food or drink that might go off. There's a 3/4 of bottle of plonk that's open and looks quite tempting :) And I'm sure bottles of cider go off quickly.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    you can't leave wine once opened, it's the law
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    you can't leave wine once opened, it's the law
    I have no intention of ever breaking the law :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Day off from labourer tasks. Took the roadster for a drive in the countryside... nice spot to stop here

It's only that massive cloud bank that lets you know it's winter, hard life, enjoy :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    Those bloody filters.
  • Wheelspinner
    team47b wrote:
    It's only that massive cloud bank that lets you know it's winter, hard life, enjoy :D

There was a brief 3.2 millisecond period where we were in danger of some partial shade from the clouds...

It's actually a man-made lake, part of the water supply catchment for Sydney. There's another not that far from home which is less scenic, but was always a good destination on a bike ride mid-week, pretty much zero traffic which round these parts is rare.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

Poor man's Eastbourne.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.