'Muricans love stickers on cars, would a 'Murican cyclist buy this?

burnthesheep
burnthesheep Posts: 675
edited August 2017 in Campaign
I'm sure it exists, but haven't found it.

I'm imagining you pay $1 for a sticker mailed to you IF and ONLY IF you can email the link of your Strava, mapmyride, etc.. of your ride on a categorized climb.

It would be a little mountain shaped sticker with the category in the middle and the name of the climb: HC: Mt. Mitchell, HC: Alp d Huez

Obviously not for the serious semi-pro cyclist who slays climbs everyday. It would be meaningless. This would be for us mere mortals who've sweat and hurt to train to slay that Cat 1 or HC climb and somehow made it without dying.

Americans love stickers on their cars. Stick figure families and the such. I could see some American cyclists buying these. Not for a true profit per se', just for fun.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I'm sure it exists, but haven't found it.

I'm imagining you pay $1 for a sticker mailed to you IF and ONLY IF you can email the link of your Strava, mapmyride, etc.. of your ride on a categorized climb.

It would be a little mountain shaped sticker with the category in the middle and the name of the climb: HC: Mt. Mitchell, HC: Alp d Huez

Obviously not for the serious semi-pro cyclist who slays climbs everyday. It would be meaningless. This would be for us mere mortals who've sweat and hurt to train to slay that Cat 1 or HC climb and somehow made it without dying.

Americans love stickers on their cars. Stick figure families and the such. I could see some American cyclists buying these. Not for a true profit per se', just for fun.

Lots of Brits also enjoy that stick figure and other such associated rubbish all over the their cars so why not aim this at an equally if not more so ridiculous market?

An aside question is what possses anyone to put those stick figures on their car with their perceived lifestyle statements (i.e. Stick man holding surfboard, stick woman holding broom stick or whatever?).

People are weird and just reinforces my dislike of the general public.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Lots of Brits also enjoy that stick figure and other such associated rubbish all over the their cars so why not aim this at an equally if not more so ridiculous market?

An aside question is what possses anyone to put those stick figures on their car with their perceived lifestyle statements (i.e. Stick man holding surfboard, stick woman holding broom stick or whatever?).

It's the automotive equivalent of person giving a participation trophy to themselves. Hooorah! I procreated, now I get a sticker. Hooorah! I went on holiday to the beach, sticker!

I can understand a sticker of a favorite brewery, or favorite bike manufacturer, or something like that.

I live in the US, that's why I made it a US-centric thing.

Here in the US there are zombie stick figure families and even stick figure families with guns.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Lots of Brits also enjoy that stick figure and other such associated rubbish all over the their cars so why not aim this at an equally if not more so ridiculous market?

It's the automotive equivalent of person giving a participation trophy to themselves. Hooorah! I procreated, now I get a sticker. Hooorah! I went on holiday to the beach, sticker!

I can understand a sticker of a favorite brewery, or favorite bike manufacturer, or something like that.

I live in the US, that's why I made it a US-centric thing.

Here in the US there are zombie stick figure families and even stick figure families with guns.

Here we have people who voted for Brexit and Theresa May. And you thought your Trump voters were stupid.

I suppose you could sell them anything you want: people will buy it - especially in Britain (because it's not that Great) now that cycling is the new golf. Give it a punt and see what happens, however to widen the profit margin I'd just punt out the stickers without proof of having done the ride needed.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.