friday we're off to see the tabby

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

yawn, need more sleep

casting off the trappings of gmc until next month, early check-in looms, to be followed by brekkie, then slump in the lounge until gate time, maybe search out a crusty baguette as an alternative to the onboard food

met office says it's 32°c and 1.svg

don't be nasty now, your turn will come
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    I've had my turn - so can I be nasty?

Not enough sleep here too as the gap between finishing work and sleep was too short and filled with soft drinks :(

Today is the joys of Birmingham which is an error in planning on a Friday

Later is the local so cider will be enjoyed
  • sungod
    noooo, don't be nasty, that way leads to jogging

had intended to avoid predawn alcohol, but ended up in the prunier bar having the scrambled egg salmon and bubbly, mrs s can drink me under the table these days

did recon for crusty baguettes, but all looked palid and squidgy, slumped in lounge, may lose consciousness on plane
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, and here's me thinking I do not sleep enough, well summer returned yesterday and it looks like it's here again today, doesn't it make you feel better to feel some warmth on your back?
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    sungod wrote:

Aye right...

Miss MRS has shed the CMV but the BK virus is being very unkind to her.

The idea of jetting off somewhere nice seems a distant one.

MRS Jnr2 got into Glasgow University though so that's 2 at Glasgow and one at Cambridge: well done the little Black Isle state school at Fortrose. It'll be good that when Miss MRS finally gets back to university her little brother will be there to help her out.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • sungod
    hope she has a good recovery, a friend's daughter had ebv last year, really flattened her

all the best
  • Morning all. Work, then heading down to the grandparents for a weekend barbeque. The vegetarian mother in law is buying the meat...
    Congrats to the MRS brood, and hopes for a speedy recovery.
    Enjoy the sun - on whichever continent.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Hi Fellas!

Just having a coffee and watching Despicable Me 2 before heading to the gym - gonna hang with da Bambini today methinks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    Olympia for Great British Beer Festival. Beer, beer, pie, beer...and repeat...
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    oxoman wrote:
    MRS hope everyone gets on ok especially miss MRS, have decided you must be mega rich having 3 kids in uni at same time.

Thanks

All I can say on the university thing is that I'm really grateful for fee-free courses at Scottish universities and for student loans!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    orraloon wrote:
    Olympia for Great British Beer Festival. Beer, beer, pie, beer...and repeat...
    Ooh, that sounds good. Apparently there is a beer festival in Kingston over the August bank holiday, might have to try to get in to that.
    I found a bicycle in my garage and even managed to propel myself in to work on it. First ride of the autumn is done. The path was flooded at one point and my Garmin was showing a temperature of 7.3'C. I know the Garmin under reads, but that is ridiculous.
    I'm dreading the university fees for the lad, he's looking at a total of 5 years including a placement. One university he was looking at charge 80% of the tuition fees when they are on a work placement for a year. That's a bit much.
    Very glad it's Fryday, a trip to the cafe will be had and pub later. Roll on the weekend, it's been a long week.
  • Matthewfalle
    He could have gone to university in Europe but you all voted for Brexit so now he can't even go on a dirty weekend without having to queue up for 200 hours to get back into the country.

Oh well".........

Alternatively I refer to UOTC thread from posts passim .......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    He could have gone to university in Europe but you all voted for Brexit so now he can't even go on a dirty weekend without having to queue up for 200 hours to get back into the country.
    The change in universities in one week before and after that ridiculous vote was huge. It went from being great and he could do a year at a European university through the ERASMUS programme to being told it probably wouldn't be possible. You could see his options being taken away from him in an instant. Fortunately our kids can have dual nationality so not as limited as some may be in future.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The change in universities in one week before and after that ridiculous vote was huge. It went from being great and he could do a year at a European university through the ERASMUS programme to being told it probably wouldn't be possible. You could see his options being taken away from him in an instant. Fortunately our kids can have dual nationality so not as limited as some may be in future.

perfect post - sums up the short sighted irrationality of some Brexit voters.

I'd be pushing your son to a European university or US college - I went to BC for a while and whilst the overall educational standard was slightly lower, the facilities, attitude of staff and locals was a billion times better from Manchester Uni where I also went.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning an what not, its Friday yay! were at work though boo.

hungry as hell today an no food to eat so ive been eying up the mouse debating if it would taste good.

Need to clean the car too as been asked to go to a classic car meet, should be amusing as I didn't think a 2006 car was classed as a classic.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Yeah, winter innit? 24 deg C today and sunny.

Painted walls and awkward things. Finished off timber retaining wall bits and garden edging. Schlepped rocks.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    G'day. Having to work, on a Friday. Not happy.

4 cans of Elvis Juice in fridge.
  • veronese68
    Yeah, winter innit? 24 deg C today and sunny.
    Shame I can't ban people any more :twisted: Not that I'm jealous or anything.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

yawn, need more sleep

casting off the trappings of gmc until next month, early check-in looms, to be followed by brekkie, then slump in the lounge until gate time, maybe search out a crusty baguette as an alternative to the onboard food

Have a good trip SG, it's my turn on Monday so I'll be nice to you.

Last day in the office so the usual idiot questions are coming out of the woodwork at the last minute, like people who think we know how to set up a credit card merchant account for them - FRO. Today is also the last pedal for a couple of weeks so I'm going as fast as I can to offset the soon to be effects of US sized food portions :)

Should also get to play with guns next week. Bro in law has access to weapons that Falle probably doesn't. Uzi 9mm anyone? 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    oxoman wrote:
    I've been lucky eldest lad decided to go with 2yr electronic and engineering course via college rather than uni, and hopefully pick up an apprenticeship to continue with.

Exactly what my sister did, company she got the apprenticeship with sponsored her through OU courses while working for them.
    Now got a masters in mechanical engineering and earning sickening amounts of money. Good luck to your lad!
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

yawn, need more sleep

Have a good trip SG, it's my turn on Monday so I'll be nice to you.

Last day in the office so the usual idiot questions are coming out of the woodwork at the last minute, like people who think we know how to set up a credit card merchant account for them - FRO. Today is also the last pedal for a couple of weeks so I'm going as fast as I can to offset the soon to be effects of US sized food portions :)

Should also get to play with guns next week. Bro in law has access to weapons that Falle probably doesn't. Uzi 9mm anyone? 8)

They are good fun but essentially fairly useless - spray and pray is the technical term. I'll pm you about the special range days in a bit - your brother in law will find it amusing.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    oxoman wrote:
    ...have decided you must be mega rich having 3 kids in uni at same time.

...and races cars and can afford a house in the Cotswolds and you've just 'decided' !

Meh. Tyres don't fit wheels. Meh.

Decisions, decisions.

Amoxacillin is kicking in and I feel like what SG will feel like in the morning.
    Raining here most of the day. Now it's sunny spells. What's it like over there Gazza?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    scorchio here

shiny bike assembled, ready for a gentle 40-50k tomorrow to check all is right, announce myself in a few cafes, and see if i can spot one of the tabby's fabled lava cats

time to plot dinner
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Maybe the Tabby is plotting you for dinner.
    At least we'll be relieved of the obscure daily rambling thread title ambiguity. :wink:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!