On his brother's stag do!

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I saw his dad out on his bike this morning
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    this guy is very agressive on twitter, seems he is the same irl.

i hope Sky doesn't pay him a cent while he is injured because of his own stupidity.
  • Anyhow, ignoring the idiot above:-

https://www.teamsky.com/article/luke-ro ... ry-lay-off

Out in the Balkans, I think.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Out in the Balkans, I think.
    Looking at his twitter - Prague
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Anyhow, ignoring the idiot above:-
    Gotta love the ignore function.

Sounds like a nasty break, hope he has a speedy recovery with no complications.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    He did it white water rafting, not falling out of a bar off his t1ts at 3am. Sounds like one of those unfortunate freak accidents, he was just unlucky.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,550
    EnacheV wrote:

Oh the irony.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Won't be winning Het Volk then...
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    Won't be winning Het Volk then...

hey admin can i call people idiots and other nice things without any problems? please let me know, i restrain myself, but i see other people do it and i really want to have a chat with few idiots.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    EnacheV wrote:

i hope Sky doesn't pay him a cent while he is injured because of his own stupidity.

Interesting. I checked his posts back to March. Nothing there at all that was aggressive. Did he take your Strava KOM or something ?
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Of all the ways for a pro cyclist to get injured...

Hope he wasn't going to feature heavily at Dani and Matt's wedding
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    At least it's near the end of the year. I remember Marconnet missing the rugby world cup after breaking his leg on a skiing holiday. *that* was stupid.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    cougie wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:

Interesting. I checked his posts back to March. Nothing there at all that was aggressive. Did he take your Strava KOM or something ?

I was thinking the same, I can't remember him ever being anything approaching "agressive" [sic] on Twitter. Maybe EnacheV
    can provide us with some examples (although I doubt it)
  • gweeds
    I doubt he's paid in dollars either.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    Gweeds wrote:
    I doubt he's paid in dollars either.

I also wondered that......could be euro's though?
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    rafting accident rather than drunken antics (ie jumping off a balcony). silly but shit happens.

How does insurance work for this? I know in rugby and soccer, the pro contracts aren't insured for skiing (or at least weren't)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    It's a bad one, could be out for a year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/40874578
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • He needs to consult Bertie's doctor. He worked miracles to get Bertie back on his bike to win the 2014 Vuelta after he broke his leg in the Tour

*sideways glance to camera*
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    :-(
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    I'm sure Sky would never do anything about it because Rowe is such a force....but you'd imagine he has something in his contract to avoid "extreme" sports*.

*I know he wasn't injured because of the rafting element.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    He needs to consult Bertie's doctor. He worked miracles to get Bertie back on his bike to win the 2014 Vuelta after he broke his leg in the Tour

*sideways glance to camera*
    Birtie would have swam to the bank . towing the raft behind him . chopped his leg off because it was slowing him down and got back in the raft using his severed leg as a paddle to singlehandedly steer the raft to the finish. :mrgreen:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Rode most if not all the cobble classics + MSR
    He'll need replaced PDQ if this is a longer term injury
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Rode most if not all the cobble classics + MSR
    He'll need replaced PDQ if this is a longer term injury

Id have said it was a long term injury, Taylor Phinney was out for a year wasnt he ? so youve got to assume its going to be around a year,but its all about if the tib knits back together again and how much metalwork they have to put in, and then take out again and all the complications that can lead to, and all of that causes soft tissue damage which takes ages to heal, which is why they cant give a timeline yet

was his Sky contract up for renewal next year ?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Christ if it's that bad it's a year to heal and a year to get back up to form...
  • gweeds
    Christ if it's that bad it's a year to heal and a year to get back up to form...

That's what I was thinking.....
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Based on the description it is one of those injuries that will mean 12+ months before he can ride well again, if not career ending. He is lucky that it wasn't a compound fracture. At 27 he at least has time on his side, unlike Valverde with his injury in the Tour.
  • Is this the same timeline of injury that said Epstein Barr would be career ending for Cav?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Is this the same timeline of injury that said Epstein Barr would be career ending for Cav?

Immune system is much more variable than musculoskeletal. No-one is going to recover from a bad break in a few months (except Bertie).
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    #Lad!

Sucky for him though

Slightly sobering for me too as the rafting trip our guests go on involves a lot of jumping off stuff...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    ddraver wrote:
    #Lad!

Sucky for him though

Slightly sobering for me too as the rafting trip our guests go on involves a lot of jumping off stuff...
    Hopefully jumping off stuff into suitably deep water...

I've been canyoning a few times and you have to just trust that the guy taking you has checked that the water is deep enough...