thursday abnormal service has been resumed

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

had planned on gym but overcome with laziness

cafe, wfh, head off to airport hilton, wfh(otel) until time to scoff free snacks and beer in the lounge, follow up with club sandwich and beers, early night ready for early check-in, it's not just a plan, it's a great plan

rain has stopped, must be a good omen, have sent tabbygram to arrange for large quantities of drink to be laid in prior to arrival
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Enjoy SG

Today is meetings fun, later is see the rugrats as they will have returned from my parents :)
  • Morning all. The usual here today - eat, work, feed/entertain/anaesthetise the children, eat, sleep. At least the sun is shining and it doesn't look too windy.
  • Oi Oi
    Finishing a nightshift and off to get my wee camper welded for it`s MOT in prep for a weekend away.
    Then pedalling of some sort I imagine.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning all, sunshine here for a change, pleased it has stopped raining, there's probably no rain left :)
    So a nice bike ride is in order

Enjoy yourself sungod, don't over indulge
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    T-2 on the office front. Escaping early again to dog sit to allow my two naff off and watch the athletics again. I'll probably get a better view on the box :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Windy as feck here and have just realized that I'm being sent away again in 3 weeks. That one crept up on me.

Nice chilled out day today I reckon - will head to the gym in a tad then bumble along I reckon.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    T-2 on the office front. Escaping early again to dog sit to allow my two naff off and watch the athletics again. I'll probably get a better view on the box :)
    So you're enjoying the fit young ladies in knickers, bouncing up and down in the rain as well? :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    cats kept running out infront of me this morning .... the sun is out .... I didn't forget my phone or wallet.

All these omens coinciding at the same time is surly a precursor to the perfect George Clooney/Dwane Johnson/ Tommy Lee Jones movie kicking off in Bristol
  • sungod
    nippy out there, decided to sit inside the cafe

i see the hunt for the jogger is still on, but it seems to be overcomplicating things, surely the simplest solution would be to lock them all up
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Mcning, Some bright orb in the sky this morning and I didn't get wet, what is happening?? Hopefully normal service shall be resumed later.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    The traditional Thursday morning hangover is in evidence. I didn't manage to get into the garage last night to try and find any bicycles so I had to drive in today, so you can thank me for the sunshine. Should manage to get a bike out tonight to make it rain tomorrow. Was without a computer for a little while this morning so had to twiddle my thumbs, now we are back to (ab)normal as per the thread title so I am now having to deal with customers. Have a good time SG. Oh, looking at a thread in workshop yesterday I noticed Pilot Pete is flying a plane to Tenerife on Saturday, wonder if he kidnapped Hopper.
  • Matthewfalle
    Reallllllly bored. So bored it's unbelievable. Was intending to make a crispy bacon sandwich with some posh la di da bacon I bought yesterday but gave realized that I have no bread.

Bored.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    just been for second cafe break, tomatoes on toast in a mediterranean way

mmm, bacon
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Anyone up for some Cow/Ox Gallstones?
  • seanoconn
    Windy as feck here and have just realized that I'm being sent away again in 3 weeks. That one crept up on me.

Nice chilled out day today I reckon - will head to the gym in a tad then bumble along I reckon.
    3 weeks! Watcha talkin about Matthew? :? (Said in a different strokes stylie)

We can't get our MF fix in 3 weeks. It's not on, you're staying.
  • seanoconn
    Bread is the devils work. Hitting the protein hard at the moment. Today will consist of, beef jerky, chicken breast, a protein shake, steak and eggs.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Qube wrote:
    Anyone up for some Cow/Ox Gallstones?

That needs a special sort of pump.

Chest x-ray for me. Pedalling and coughing soon.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:

3 weeks! Watcha talkin about Matthew? :? (Said in a different strokes stylie)

We can't get our MF fix in 3 weeks. It's not on, you're staying.

I feel, sniff, sniff, wanted. Needed. Cared for. Sniff.

Looked at the calendar and realized that time was moving faster than anticipated. TDV also moaned at me last night which bought home the realization of it. It's not a bad one, just a few weeks, but still involves rubbish food which makes me, well, not angry but just, (pause) disappointed.

I'll try and cram in as much MF'ing as poss in between but generally I'm going to be investing Pukk Moonen an awful lot.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    Bread is the devils work. Hitting the protein hard at the moment. Today will consist of, beef jerky, chicken breast, a protein shake, steak and eggs.

Good call. I bought a box full of out of date protein bars from the LBS the other day - 14 for £6 which is a bargain. I also started a monthly thing on Amazon - 24 for £13 or something.

Steak for lunch - hmmmmmm now you're talking.......

Must admit to being more of a billing man than a jerky man. Droewars. Now droewars rock.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Biltong - for men who still have all their teeth.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:

Good call. I bought a box full of out of date protein bars from the LBS the other day - 14 for £6 which is a bargain. I also started a monthly thing on Amazon - 24 for £13 or something.

Must admit to being more of a billing man than a jerky man. Droewars. Now droewars rock.
    Billing? It was actually biltong but I was describing it in layman terms. Chilli chutney drywors is my favourite.
  • pinno
    The thing that annoys me is the scarcity of Haribo Jelly men, You get the odd one in a Super mix but no packs of Jelly men. I find them easier to eat whilst pedalling.
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    The thing that annoys me is the scarcity of Haribo Jelly men, You get the odd one in a Super mix but no packs of Jelly men. I find them easier to eat whilst pedalling.
    I'll swap you a jelly man for two fizzy coke bottles?
  • seanoconn
    Whoop, last day of work! :D
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    seanoconn wrote:
    Whoop, last day of work! :D

What, ever? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    So you're enjoying the fit young ladies in knickers, bouncing up and down in the rain as well? :D
    Isn't ladies athletics great. Same again this evening :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo, it's fantastic. You can enjoy it on so many levels :D:D
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I take it you are not talking hammer and shot putt.

More like this

sexy-female-athletes-7.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=500
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo, it's fantastic. You can enjoy it on so many levels :D:D
    True. I guess Pinno watches it as well after you spotted that tissue box in his car :P
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Billing? It was actually biltong but I was describing it in layman terms. Chilli chutney drywors is my favourite.

You are 100% correct. Biltong. Stupid spell auto corrector.

I now feel as stupid as some people actually are.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.