2017 Roubaix S Works

carrock
carrock Posts: 1,103
edited August 2017 in Your road bikes
Changed the bar tape and seat for white. Removed the SWAT box that looks like a tramps hat. Much better

roubaix%20white_zpsny3qrhks.jpeg

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    One of the nicest Roubaixs i've yet to see. Although I would ditch the pump and it's arguable whether the SWAT box thing looks any worse than that massive saddle bag.
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Probably not the best taken photo I've seen on here, but that's a big improvement on the old Roubaix frame in my opinion.

Very smart congrats!
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Garry H wrote:
    One of the nicest Roubaixs i've yet to see. Although I would ditch the pump and it's arguable whether the SWAT box thing looks any worse than that massive saddle bag.

Agree with Gary H's comment...whilst I like the frame, I don't think the white bar tape does the overall look any favours.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Skillz.... for making it into an fugly bike.... read up on OCP and try again, it will make a difference.
  • JGSI wrote:
    Skillz.... for making it into an fugly bike.... read up on OCP and try again, it will make a difference.

Would a descent bike shop allow it ti be ridden away like that?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    I'm with everyone else saying that saddlebag has to go. The castelli ones are nice and small and take everything you need (tube, patches, multitool, levers).

There's nicer pumps available too but that's less of an issue if that one just gets mounted straighter.

Is that white tape actually a light? It is glowing. Black would be nicer or black and red Supacaz Galaxy.
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Bar tape is honking.

Black FTW...
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop