PX London Road Qs

kirkee
kirkee Posts: 369
edited August 2017 in Commuting general
Hi I know there are alot of London Road owners out there. Was considering possibility of swapping out bits I have and making a flat bar set up. I have a pair of 26 disc wheels though, 160 rotors fr and r, would these work as a short term solution till I got a pair of 700 wheels? Im 5 11, i think size L would fit me, they're £199 now from PX.
Thanks
Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will

Comments

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    PX certainly used to do a flat bar London Road. £199 for a large frame or £149 for a medium is a bargain.

edit. they have a flat bar on the website, check out the geometry to see what suits you.
  • kirkee
    It looks a bargain, but is it a case of big discounts encouraging N + 1?! Ill probably rein in the temptation and stick to what I've got, for now at least, £149, dirt cheap!
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    kirkee wrote:
    Im 5 11, i think size L would fit me, they're £199 now from PX.
    Thanks

I went with a medium and a 130 stem and a little more seatpost on display for my 5'11" frame with 32" legs. I had to measure my frame lat week as a friend of a friend is looking to get one and hanging some Rival 22 HYD on it, but I want the Rival myself and I'm on first refusal to replace my 5700 gear.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • kirkee
    Interesting, is your medium size built up as a drop or flat bar? I think medium would fit me with drop bars but not sure with flats?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You really need to go a frame size up to get the cockpit length right, I have a large and a setback seat post on my flat barred PX LR and am considering going to a longer stem as well (120 at the moment).

Be aware that not all rear wheels will fit without the brake disc fouling the rear calliper mount, I was using 26" wheels (1.5" slicks) but the fact I couldn't use my lightish weight Novatech rear hub (Novatech put the disc further out than many brands) off my old bike meant I had to use a spare Shimano hubbed rear wheel. I now have some 700c wheels.

They are a really nice riding frame, comfortable but really snappy feeling when you put the power down.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    kirkee wrote:
    Interesting, is your medium size built up as a drop or flat bar? I think medium would fit me with drop bars but not sure with flats?

Medium with drop bars.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.