Photobucket TOS changed - photos may no longer appear

craker
craker Posts: 1,739
I found this on another forum, thought I'd share it
Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

What with Dropbox stopping public image hosting, its getting harder to share photos on here.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Most of the pics have already gone.

Now if we can just find a way to stop all those boring Youtube 'Look at me riding along' type videos, the world will be a better place.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • What options do we have to post photos (which are a requirement for posting adverts and can be useful elsewhere)?
    Is there any alternative to paying the Photo Bucket subscription?

I'd welcome advice from more tech-savvy forumites on this.

Thanks,

David
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    I've just replied to an old topic of mine where I had posted a photo from Photobucket. It had the "upgrade your account" thing in place of the photo.
    When I post any photo's, I always edit out any link type code, just leaving the bit between the IMG tags and it's always worked.
    So, to reupload, I left everything in as copied, and it shows up fine. It may be dependant on the amount of views/bandwidth that is generated. If so, how long it will last is anybody's guess

viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=13053836
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Andy9964 wrote:
    I've just replied to an old topic of mine where I had posted a photo from Photobucket. It had the "upgrade your account" thing in place of the photo.
    When I post any photo's, I always edit out any link type code, just leaving the bit between the IMG tags and it's always worked.
    So, to reupload, I left everything in as copied, and it shows up fine. It may be dependant on the amount of views/bandwidth that is generated. If so, how long it will last is anybody's guess

viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=13053836

That no longer works. Your image shows as "please upgrade".
    It appears it took time for photobucket to roll the change across old photos, either that or you had a copy in your local cache.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    I use Postimage..

No faff and free.

https://postimages.org/
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Bye photobucket, used it for 10+ years, not anymore when there are plenty of free alternates..

Using imgbb.com and it seems decent so far.

Surely photobuckets userbase will decline rapidly from this move.