Another garmin to strava question

ashtons99
ashtons99 Posts: 110
edited August 2017 in Workshop
I've done all the usual searches but can't find the answer. Trying to help a friend with a new edge 25. She can see her activities on garmin connect but not strava, she has gone through the linking to 3rd party apps (strava). She's also been on the strava app and it shows it's linked to garmin but her rides/runs aren't uploading to strava.

Is there another hoop to jump through, does the device need to be also on garmin express to work (from what I read it should work off the connect smartphone app without needing express)

Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Only new activities, once Garmin & Strava are linked, are shared between the two. Even then it might take a day or two for new activities to show on both.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • kesa
    kesa Posts: 35
    If the 25 is anything like the 500 or 520 you can manually transfer the files from the Garmin unit to your computer then upload manually to Strava. This will work for previous activities but new activities should auto upload. I had a similar problem and solved it by unlinking between Strava and Garmin Connect then relinking it. Also you could try removing the edge 25 from Garmin Connect and then reconnecting it. Also make sure you are using the same accounts for Strava and Garmin. I unknowingly used 2 different accounts and this caused problems. I solved this by only using Facebook to log into both Stava and Garmin. Finally, don't be afraid to contact Garmin and Strava and ask for help - they both have excellent customer service!
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    [pedant mode] Not really a Workshop issue? [/pedant mode] ;)
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    I would be tempted to undo and go back through the steps again, making sure all latest versions are installed and firmware is up to date etc..
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    BigMitch41 wrote:
    I would be tempted to undo and go back through the steps again, making sure all latest versions are installed and firmware is up to date etc..

No point ... it's nothing to do with the device - it's the link between Garmin Connect and Strava ... and as has already been said - it's New Activities that get synced - not all your old ones.

If you want all the old ones uploaded - just connect the device to the computer then bulk upload the .FIT files in the /Garmin/Activities folder into Strava ...

Job done ...
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    I assumed we are talking about new activities?
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    It matters not if we're talking about new activities or not ... if the ride is showing on Garmin Connect then the device has done it's job - anything else is a "cloud" problem - which I doubt - unless it's during a massive event like Ride London - which has an effect on the time it takes to sync across ...
  • Any activities in Garmin Connect before setting up the link to Strava will not get automatically copied over only activities uploaded after the link is setup get copied across.

To get the activities that were loaded to Garmin Connect before the link was setup try https://www.copymysports.com/