How tough is a Bizango?

Tryweryn
Tryweryn Posts: 7
edited August 2017 in MTB beginners
Curiosity how tough is my Bizango? I hear all about red routes black routes etc. If a rider could do these would the Bizango. Is the full suspension on some bikes more for the rider or does it stop bikes like my Bizango falling apart? Many thanks. :shock:

Comments

• Ross Gardner
    Ross Gardner Posts: 230
    Done red trails with my Carrera Fury (and will attempt a black sometime next week). The Bizango is in the same ball park (both entry level hardtails). Just how many trail rides have you done? If only a few, stick to blues for a short while and do some research on what easy reds there are near you, and have a go.
  • Tryweryn
    Tryweryn Posts: 7
    Thanks and I'm not ready for that level yet. It was more curious if the bike could take it in future. I'm lucky I live by Snowdon Dolgellau so loads of places. Just a new bike so I'm interested what it can do.
  • The bike will be tough enough - the question is, do you have the technical skills/balls?
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • TonyJams
    TonyJams Posts: 214
    If you're light enough on the pedals you can get down just about anything (personally I'd avoid all the jumps though)
    You'd want to make sure the brakes are in good nick before starting anything and check all the bolts are tight.
    Pretty certain there was a video about a year ago of someone riding a full on DH event in the alps on an Apollo or similar. It took the punishment (just about!)