saturday spontaneously breaking symmetry

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cack weather continues, can't recall having the heating on in july before

i shall attempt to rise above it through enhanced caffeine levels, together with at least one extra breakfast after hill repeats and laps

bb getting very quiet, only possible explanation is alien abduction, soon they will come for the rest of us
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Typical - the morning I'm up early is a rest day :(

So enjoying tea and silence as everyone else is still flat out

Today is pool/river and then dinner out
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunshine and a cool wind here, just finishing off the coffee, bike will soon be out for a 3 hr ride
    Have a good weekend
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    sungod wrote:
    bb getting very quiet, only possible explanation is alien abduction, soon they will come for the rest of us
    Holiday season innit. Although that is an all year round season for some people on here. Two weeks and counting for me before I have a chance to meet your Southern US alter ego 'gunsod'.

In the meantime it's coffee, jobs and Dad's taxi.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Holiday shopping today then stripping and packing the bike.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    My alien abduction is not for two weeks but they've started the anal probing early.

Condom broke last night (something to do with my massive bulk) so a grumpy wife and a trip to the pharmacy is required this morning.

Lovely morning here.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    My alien abduction is not for two weeks but they've started the anal probing early.

Condom broke last night (something to do with my massive bulk) so a grumpy wife and a trip to the pharmacy is required this morning.

Lovely morning here.
    Tut tut, what would the Pope say?

Seano, sounds like you need to stop buying your johnnies from the same place as you buy your wine :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Seano, sounds like you need to stop buying your johnnies from the same place as you buy your wine :wink:

A skip?

Been kiddy shoe shopping. Had a sausage bap at the M&S cafe
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    seanoconn wrote:

Lovely morning here.
    Err, if the first paragraph is connected to the second paragraph there's no need to go to the chemist. Did you not pay attention in biology classes?
    Afternoon folks,
    Another glorious day here. Went out for a bit of a drive down towards Siena, stopped at a couple of smaller towns for a bit of a mooch around. Now back to cool off in the pool. Only about 35'C here but I have seen a cloud.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Two weeks and counting for me before I have a chance to meet your Southern US alter ego 'gunsod'.

if you hear banjos or squealing, get out fast

need to plot an escape route for tomorrow that avoids the chaos of ride london, looks like london bridge will be it
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Two weeks and counting for me before I have a chance to meet your Southern US alter ego 'gunsod'.

if you hear banjos or squealing, get out fast

need to plot an escape route for tomorrow that avoids the chaos of ride london, looks like london bridge will be it
    Fortunately I persuaded them it was better to fly from Atlanta to Florida and back, rather than drive 500 miles or so through banjo country limited to 55mph.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    sungod wrote:
    ...soon they will come for the rest of us

Don't foget your toothbrush.

I don't quite understand that: VN doesn't really work - he even says that himself, me work? pah, T47 has been on holiday for 30+ years, Hayden gets paid to count trees and hug them, Seano is a champion shirker and a POET, TLW is paid by the British small breweries association and the French Societe de Vin de Pays simultaneously...

Back down to erf me and no aliens were involved. Back in piddling wet and chilly Stranraer. Meh. Chilli Fajita wraps to come, wahey.

Update later, grass cutting tomorrow. :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Uncanny, fajitas for tea here too.

Kidz and missus off to granparents for two weeks after today.
  • Garry H wrote:

How will you cope
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

How will you cope

Splendidly
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Just starting to cool down after a warmish day here, mixed cement in the morning, spent the afternoon in the house where it's a cool 29c, watched latest alien fil-m, same old same old plot/outcome, SPOILER aliens win, humans are reduced to a squelchy paste :D

Red wine or hot mug of tea?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    seanoconn wrote:

Lovely morning here.

lol it's the way you tear em.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    seanoconn wrote:

...and you think seven years for breaking a mirror is bad :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    I want to know how you persuaded them to that :)
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    The latest addition to the clan is in hospital with a severe bout of chickenpox of all things. He has them in his eyes, mouth and ears and is running 39.7 degrees.
    Poor thing's only 4 months old and is still smiling
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:

Lovely morning here.

Condom? How quaint.
    From someone who has been 'snipped'
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Lovely morning here.

Condom? How quaint.
    From someone who has been 'snipped'
    I suppose it depends if he was doing a bit of 'probing'.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:

Lovely morning here.

He probably used his teeth to open it in a hurry. Was it worth all that hassle at the pharmacy for 20 seconds of fun?
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Lovely morning here.

He probably used his teeth to open it in a hurry. Was it worth all that hassle at the pharmacy for 20 seconds of fun?

Do you think she had fun?
  • ballysmate
    Any sign of Hoppy yet?
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Lovely morning here.

Do you think she had fun?

She thought of Poland,
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Condom? How quaint.
    From someone who has been neutered.

FTFY.
  • pinno
    (Evening Bally. Wossup?)
  • ballysmate
    Enenin' Pinno.
    Usual less than remarkable Saturday had chez moi.
    Had a good news bad news sort of week.
    Good news is that I won't have to trouble the oncologist again.
    Bad news is that I have just made an appointment to have a hernia repaired.
    Getting old isn't fun... but better than the alternative though.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Bad news is that I have just made an appointment to have a hernia repaired.

I'll do it.

Every silver lining has a cloud.
  • ballysmate
    Plenty clouds round here, I can tell you!!
  • ballysmate
    Got the loan of one of these

120000066.jpg

as my current saddle has turned into a cheese grater.
    Weather permitting, I will try it tomorrow.