Donostia-Donostia Klasikoa — Clásica San Sebastián-San Sebastián. **Spoilers **

imatfaal
imatfaal Posts: 2,716
edited July 2017 in Pro race
Will fill in some details soon. But first question - I can only see one hour of coverage on Eurosport - any further TV coverage?

Comments

• imatfaal
    profile.jpg

Donostia
    san-sebastian-city-hall.jpg

His last race - riding with Race Number 1
    noticiahaimar.jpg
  • imatfaal
    After 22km there is a break with two and a half minutes. Bystrom (Kat,151) Chetout (Cof,81) Insausti (TBM,36) Delage (FDJ,93) Erviti (Mov,155) Pfingsten (Boh,56) and Le Turnier (Cof,85)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited July 2017
    imatfaal wrote:
    Will fill in some details soon. But first question - I can only see one hour of coverage on Eurosport - any further TV coverage?

For sure.

Earliest coverage comes from etb (Basque) at 2pm BST.

Eurosport, TDP (Spain) Esport 3 (Catalan) from 2-30pm BST. (So, Eurosport have 2hours coverage.)
    Sporza (Belgium) 2-45pm BST.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • imatfaal, ES are showing last year's race highlights for the hour before live coverage starts at 1430

Right, ready for this
  • blazing_saddles
    Great to see that Beñat Intxausti has finally made it to a race start. Well over a year since he last did.
    A pity that he has already abandoned though. Hope it is not another set back.

https://www.klasikoa.eus/2017/Live
  • imatfaal
    The retirers are Felline (TFS,5), Gogl (TFS,6), Nizzolo (TFS,8) and Intxausti (SKY,173) and Pinau (96,FDJ)

Break has 4 mins - not sure if it is the same guys as above but think so; 108km gone
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    You when someone turns up on your tellybox and you could have sworn they retired years ago?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Hang on, I'm watching an old race ATM, right? That'll be why Rodriguez and valverde are racing, right enough
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • imatfaal
    The_Boy wrote:
    Hang on, I'm watching an old race ATM, right? That'll be why Rodriguez and valverde are racing, right enough

You can turn Eurosport back on - it is this years coverage now. I do wish Eurosport would make it clear with a 2016 on the screen when they do that
  • The_Boy
    imatfaal wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

You can turn Eurosport back on - it is this years coverage now. I do wish Eurosport would make it clear with a 2016 on the screen when they do that

The funny thing is, I was watching it thinking "this race is the same every year" :D .

In my defence, I did have the sound off. It might have become clear sooner had that not been the case.

Anyway, the breakaway appears to be unchanged from earlier?
  • imatfaal
    The_Boy wrote:
    imatfaal wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

The funny thing is, I was watching it thinking "this race is the same every year" :D .

In my defence, I did have the sound off. It might have become clear sooner had that not been the case.

Anyway, the breakaway appears to be unchanged from earlier?

I actually posted in - I think - a Paris-Roubaix thread that someone seemed to have crashed at virtually the same point as they did last year. :oops:
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,513
    You need to look for the live sign next to the Eurosport logo.
  • imatfaal
    Team Sky have the sort of squad that could win a grand tour - even a mental one like the forthcoming vuelta. They are smashing the gap down - under a minute now
  • TheBigBean
    The_Boy wrote:

How is the young Peter The Boy?
  • blazing_saddles
    Zubeldia sighting.
    The camera man will get fired for that.
  • The_Boy
    TheBigBean wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

How is the young Peter The Boy?

Asleep, finally. He's quite good at letting me watch the cycling, tbh.

Edit: though he does have a black eye. Will be fun explaining that one when his mother gets home from work :D
  • TheBigBean
    Moscon still leading on his own. Beach looks nice although quite popular.
  • TheBigBean
    On the last climb and Moscon has been caught.

Landa and Gallopin attack
  • TheBigBean
    Gallopin, Mollema and Landa have been joined by Kwia and Tom D
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    5 in front

Landa
    Kwia
    Dumoulin
    Mollema
    Gallopin
  • smithy21
    Landa nailed on for 5th
  • smithy21
    Landa and Dumoulin slight gap 1km to go
  • smithy21
    Kwia takes it. Textbook from Sky.
  • TheBigBean
    Landa sets it up nicely for Kwiatkowki. Good last 15kms.
  • blazing_saddles
    Brilliant from Froome's super domestiques.
    Landa is getting good as a top team player. :D
  • imatfaal
    Strongest team and pretty flawless tactics.
  • imatfaal

All the shots of Landa show him looking delighted at team-mates victories. If he is promised a sole leader role at Sky for Vuelta/Giro next he would be foolish to leave - Sky team look so strong and he would thrive. Far better to play second fiddle to Froome at Sky than second / third to Quintana and perhaps Valverde at Movistar.

Kwia looks just more and more awesome and a perfectly complete cyclist as the year goes by
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Would have really liked Landa to win that but no argument that Sky got that spot on. They're really starting to get their tactics together. And Kwiatkowski - woof.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • imatfaal

All the shots of Landa show him looking delighted at team-mates victories. If he is promised a sole leader role at Sky for Vuelta/Giro next he would be foolish to leave - Sky team look so strong and he would thrive. Far better to play second fiddle to Froome at Sky than second / third to Quintana and perhaps Valverde at Movistar.

Kwia looks just more and more awesome and a perfectly complete cyclist as the year goes by
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Would have really liked Landa to win that but no argument that Sky got that spot on. They're really starting to get their tactics together. And Kwiatkowski - woof.

Agree on Landa, if Sky have any sense they'll promise him sole leadership on the Giro and pony up.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.