Boost compatability advice

Calx
Calx Posts: 15
edited July 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I wonder if you can explain something for me, i've done some reasearch and read up on the CRC website but i'm finding a lot of conflicting advice.

I have a 2017 Santa Cruz 5010 - Boost spacing front and back but after completely battering my wheels at BPW i'm considering these as a replacement for more local stuff which isn't as strenuous.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mavi ... id=1172214

The Q&A suggests that they're NOT compatible with Boost 148 in one case and that they are in another.

Can anyone clear this up for me, and if they're not compatible not please educate me as to why?

Much appreciated

D.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    They aren't. Boost hubs have a wider body.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not all, early after market options often where 135mm hubs with extra adaptor each side (not really getting the benefit of course), Can cause issues with cassette placement sometimes (as its 6.5mm further in).

Those however are NOT Boost compatible. The answer in the Q&A is from a retard.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Calx
    Calx Posts: 15
    Thanks all.