friday she is like a cat in the dark

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cram, cafe, cram, cafe, cram, go do pesky exam to recertify, cafe, wfh, webex with gmc punter of gmc to talk about an opportunity to do stuff for another gmc that i already hinted said gmc is barking, tfif as feeling this unreal should normally require chemical assistance

got some dugast strada soie tubs to glue, mmm silky
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale but no rain
    Shopping, garden centre, cycling
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Top o' th' mornin' to ya
    Not raining here either but I think that situation is somewhat fluid today.
    I'm afraid I will have to earn a few shekels today.
    Ho hum.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Morning - coffee from Costa and breakfast from M&S - I've spent a fortune with with Compass Medirest and BCP this year. Morning exercise of 9 floors of stairs. Today trying to push forward house move.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Another bug ridden, coughing and spluttering, little sleep night, thanks to generosity in sharing by small in size but potent in toxicity relatives puts today's ride plans in serious doubt. This week's ride schedule been banjaxed. Bring on the Beechams.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    We'll have to send out a search party for hopkinb, something's not right. Too early to speculate.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Very hot here today, so bit of a mistake to not take water for my reasonable Run, oh Well, tea is filling the dehydration hole until beer later

Today is laze by the pool and then for a change the river followed by a bbq. No driving so let's see if I can hold out till lunch before I have a kronenbourg
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Today will be mostly wandering around some fancy gardens.
    The sun has popped out, giving us the impression that it might actually turn out nice.
    Cat sitter hasn't texted me with the usual update on my furry friend.

Don't worry Orraloon, i've had the lurgy for 4 weeks. My whole summer has been banjaxed.

What is 'tfif' SG?!

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Eurgh, the red wine monster got me last night...

Packing the bike up this weekend but might get a quick ride in between shopping, shopping and more shopping.

Never mind, it's mid 30's around the lake so shopping will be based around shorts and sun cream.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Pinno wrote:
    What is 'tfif' SG?!
    I'm guessing he is saying "thank f@ck it's Friday"
    I wouldn't know what day it was were it not for checking in on here. About to go out for lunch, then pool time. Out for dinner with friends later.
    I'll be skirting the edge of Lake Como in about 10 days HD, I'll be sure to wave as I pass.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Western shore, as you hit Menaggio look up and left and you'll see some tall slim conifers on a grassed area. I'll be there or thereabouts.

Which way are you heading back? Past Lugano?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    What is 'tfif' SG?!
    I'm guessing he is saying "thank f@ck it's Friday"

^^^this

managed to squeak through exam in spite of what soon became apparent to me was inadequate preparation using seriously outdated study materials, probably saved by the multiple double espressos beforehand - buzzing my nut off by the time i got in the test room, heightened awareness enhancing my guesses

think i should have an early finish today to recover from the stress
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Spent the day re-enacting my convict heritage by breaking up rocks and concrete for several hours. Woohoo. Still plenty more to do over the next few days. Hope the steel fabrication bloke turns up tomorrow as promised to give us an outrageous price to weld a few bits together.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I'm afraid I will have to earn a few shekels today.
    Bally, somebody might be along shortly to call you out for being currency-ist.

Plenty to do here but mostly my choice of what and when thankfully. Thankfully the Club Med countries start their mass exodus to the beach next week so the level of crap will reduce drastically soon. Had a lot of fun yesterday when I got 2 minutes notice from the CEO that I needed to explain what the EU-Japan trade deal meant for the Group in our monthly open forum. Only a hundred and odd people there, luckily the note I sent him about it the day before was a handy crib sheet.

Now stuffing my face with sushi and hoping my aching legs recover from this mornings communt in time to head back tonight. I'll think of the cider in the fridge and that will help me pedal faster :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Which way are you heading back? Past Lugano?
    Yes, turn off the motorway at Bergamo and head up towards Lugano so avoiding traffic around Milan. Stopping overnight near Metz.
    Traffic is bad around the Gotthard due to roadworks, come off early and go over, junction 37 I think.