Garmin edge 1000 question

Timdeur
Timdeur Posts: 2
edited July 2017 in Commuting general
Hi guys

I'm just new here! I have a question about the Garmin 1000 edge that I just bought. I just went for a ride with this new thing. I made a course, putted it on my Garmin Edge and started riding. When I was like 10 kilometers away I missed a turn... I thought he would recalculate and set me back on track but as actually he didn't. He just told me "off course" and i had no idee how I could get back on it... Did you guys already experienced the same problem (probably you did and you answered this question already 10 times)? Is there an option that the machine just puts you back on track?

Greetings!

Tim

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    It doesn't really work like that unfortunately. You can turn on route recalculation if you miss a turn but that will create a new route to your finish point which is highly unlikely to follow the route you originally planned so it is best to leave it off.

In these situations it is best for you to just turn around and head back to where you missed the turn and go the correct way or find another way back to your route yourself.
  • rlanger
    rlanger Posts: 19
    Recalculation on works when you set a destination, not a course. So if you let the Garming calculate the route to where you are going, it will recalculate on the fly.