Chavanel

timoid.
timoid. Posts: 3,133
edited July 2017 in Pro race
So this year was Chavanel's 17th Tour (15 completed). If he's back next year, then he'll be on his own with 18 and if he finishes, match Joop's total finishes. Chapeau that man.

A rider I have always liked. Still remember him getting caught on Luz Ardiden after Armstrong rage driven ascent, with Armstrong giving him a pat on the back to acknowledge his efforts. That was 14 years ago :shock:
It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804
    Timoid. wrote:
    So this year was Chavanel's 17th Tour (15 completed). If he's back next year, then he'll be on his own with 18 and if he finishes, match Joop's total finishes. Chapeau that man.

A rider I have always liked. Still remember him getting caught on Luz Ardiden after Armstrong rage driven ascent, with Armstrong giving him a pat on the back to acknowledge his efforts. That was 14 years ago :shock:

he rode a prety solid tt in Marseille... but is getting that drifting out the back with no one noticing syndrome. time flies
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    I think he said this would be his last Tour, but that was before the Tour started...
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    I think he said this would be his last Tour, but that was before the Tour started...

Dang. That would be a shame.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Timoid. wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Dang. That would be a shame.
    I thought he agreed in June to a one-year extension of his contract.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    Steven de Jong said it'd be Contador's last Tour....
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    I still can't help thinking of Chavanel as a young rider to watch in the future. Christ I'm getting old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format