Carbon repair shop near bristol

fattywilliams
fattywilliams Posts: 37
edited July 2017 in Workshop
hi posted on here not long ago about my cracked seat stay and a few people told me to repair it rather than replace frame so I'm gonna give that a go.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for me on where I can get this done as its my pride and joy ideally in the south west as I don't really wanna be sending my frame of in the post if I can help it don't mind traveling say 100 miles or so from Bristol to drop it off

I google it and found place called taylored cycles near Bristol anyone had any experience with them?

Any advice will be much appreciated

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Might be worth asking Argos in St Annes, unlikely they'll do it but might be able to give you a few names who can.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee wrote:
    Might be worth asking Argos in St Annes, unlikely they'll do it but might be able to give you a few names who can.

Yh that's not a bad shout hadn't thought of asking them
  • Don't see what the problem is with sending it personally. What's the worst that can happen LOL! At least they'll be able to fix it...

I posted mine to Fibre-Lyte in a wheelbox (just fit without the forks). Send it with suitable insurance cover obs..
  • Don't see what the problem is with sending it personally. What's the worst that can happen LOL! At least they'll be able to fix it...

I posted mine to Fibre-Lyte in a wheelbox (just fit without the forks). Send it with suitable insurance cover obs..[/quote

Just the convenience really if I don't have to strip it down and send it I've not got loads of time to spare
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    I would imagine that most repair places will want a bare frame so you're only saving the putting it in a box time.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Any bikeshop will probably do this for you
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

I posted mine to Fibre-Lyte in a wheelbox (just fit without the forks). Send it with suitable insurance cover obs..[/quote

Just the convenience really if I don't have to strip it down and send it I've not got loads of time to spare

Yep- you're going to have to strip it down wherever you send it, or pay additional costs for them to do the donkey work for you.