tuesday eternity screams but in the silence no one listens

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, enough coffee to match the croissant, summon my chaps across yoorp for a webex chat, espresso, meet with another tentacle of gmc about one of their gmc punters

later meet mrs s for pre dinner bubbly, dinner, stagger home, the day is done
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Stunning morning .. blue skys and happy birds. Up and out the house early in readiness for this mornings club run inches away from hitting a stupid cat on the way in ... who said you cant get enough braking force on the hoods ????

Infact the only downside so far was meeting my MTB in the garage this morning and remembering the rear triangle snapped on yesterdays ride ... I patted the bike and told him it would be ok ... but I think he might end up getting flushed down the toilet !
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    But cloudy this morning which is pants

No running first thing as my knee exploded yesterday, think it was just a mini one so a days rest should do it

Today is a longer paddle and the usual wine, beer and bbq. With lots of football/cricket/swimming and shooting bb guns with the rugrats spread throughout the day
  • fat daddy
    slow club ride this morning ... it was really surreal being at the front and not the back.

Loads of Ladies on the ride though ..... loads of 20 something ladies ..... loads of beauti ... oh, I am going to sit in the corner and cry
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Dropped off number one daughter at the New Forest Show for work at 6:30am. Nice and sunny here in the south so contemplating going down the beach for a few hours R&R.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Contemplating cake. Counting hours until the end of the day & then the end of the week.

I have "Charlotte the Harlot" as an earworm.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    fat daddy wrote:
    slow club ride this morning ... it was really surreal being at the front and not the back.

Loads of Ladies on the ride though ..... loads of 20 something ladies ..... loads of beauti ... oh, I am going to sit in the corner and cry

With... with... those peachy bums in Lycra?... [sobs in corner with FD]

Erm...just thought given the above, wtf were you doing at the front?

Car packed. Toots fed. Arranged cat sitter. Off to Gazza land today [via the DGRI for blood test :roll: ]. As long as I don't die before the end of the week.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:

With... with... those peachy bums in Lycra?... [sobs in corner with FD]

Disgraceful sexism. :lol:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Busy as the proverbial one-armed bricklayer in Bagdhad.
    Garage finished. Next up, mashoof decking at back of house.

Offer made on new place. Expect they'll decline, but who knows? The waiting begins...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • fat daddy
    Pinno wrote:

It was just safter for everyone if I was at the front ..... oh and I was crying .. partly with joy, partly because I am twice their age .. almost
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Been busy again today, site meetings followed by another two tomorrow. The second of which is looking very interesting...

Tonight may well be a receipt-fest as I'm helping MrsHD with some of her bean counting.
    At some point this week I suppose I should dismantle the bike and put it in its box but I'm hopeful of a weekend ride before we set off for sunnier climes.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Sounds like an exciting night HD.
    We were very energetic and went to town to stock up on the important things in life. Booze, cheese, booze, ham, booze, bread and booze. A bit of a storm blew over this afternoon so we started on the booze early. Storm was a bit like some people I know. A lot of noise but no substance. Lovely clear skies again now.
    Might go for a bit of a drive tomorrow as we need more booze.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sounds like an exciting night HD.
    We were very energetic and went to town to stock up on the important things in life. Booze, cheese, booze, ham, booze, bread and booze. A bit of a storm blew over this afternoon so we started on the booze early. Storm was a bit like some people I know. A lot of noise but no substance. Lovely clear skies again now.
    Might go for a bit of a drive tomorrow as we need more booze.

There's not much better than booze, cheese, ham, bread and booze. Especially if inclement weather forces an early start on the booze.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Wahey. I'm in Gazza land (almost). He's at a safe distance.

Went through HaydenM country and headed on the wriggly route 708 to Selkirk.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Back in Bromley after a 750 mile odyssey from Bromley to Wales to Redcar and back to Bromley. Bit knackered now and seem to have caught the lurgy. But at least thats all of the furniture sorted up Noth now. Unfortunately its work tomorrow. Could do with some more sleep.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]