edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, physio, cafe, wfh

no tdftw, may have to do some work to occupy the days
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, and what a rotten morning, rain and strong winds, when will the summer start
    Doctors this morning, no idea what to do later on
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    MTBing after work today so a commute on knobblies

Despite my best efforts of indexing the gears they still don't want to play .... the either shift up but not down .... or down, but not up

sat here now with a coffee and coming to the conclusion its time to change the cables, chain and cassette. .... its been a few years
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Office day today, need to submit some chartership stuff on Thursday but I'm out tomorrow and Wednesday so it's a bit of a rush today. Went to some stupid wedding yesterday for some people I don't know, I was driving so I couldn't drink. I nearly didn't go but the GF said we would be home by 10 because she didn't want to drink too much, skip forwards to midnight after 2 bottles of wine and her stupid bloody friends having a ridiculous argument in the back of my car. I've kept my cool so far but if she can dine out for months on me not doing the dishes then I need to carefully consider what I use this for...
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Buongiorno.

Twelve hour day shift to contend with, not counting down the hours, and perusing cycling webbys at all.

On the bright side, New Cannondale Synapse is waiting for more rides, love it too much. I had a bike park space under the stairs, that the mrs had gradually won back, but I've pushed her forces back, ooeer missus, and now reclaimed the territory.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Utterly confused by a change in our work bike parking and kit storage arrangements. No idea if I'm coming or going. Also, why the fcuk do I have to wear arm warmers in July?

Last week before holidays, so hiding all the skeletons in the closet is the order of the week, plus coffee, crosswords and looking for summer clothing.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Long drive Friday and Saturday, got here by 6 so plenty of time to unload then eat and drink. Yesterday was spent catching up with friends interspersed with a bit of pool time. Today the temperature has plummeted to about 26'C so seems like a good day for lounging and relaxing. Our hosts kindly left some of their wine for us to have on our arrival, need to get more. Now, where's that coffee pot?
    Oh, enjoy BPW Stevo, shame TW can't make it. A lucky escape for him? TLW is drinking France dry and back to work the rest of you horrible lot.
  • hopkinb
    Enjoy your holiday V68!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Slightly jealous of all the holiday peeps. Had a good weekend and work is fine so can't grumble. Where are you off on your hols hopkin?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • haydenm
    Speaking of holidays, I think the GF is starting to wish she had done some training for the NC500 starting on the 5th of August...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, start of week two off so no work for me, crappy blowy wet weather in force today. Guessing we missed some memo regarding summer being cancelled or what not.
    Food shop is done bit weird as the roads are dead now school holidays have kicked in. Was going to wash the car but think ill skip that. Onward to coffee and lazing.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW is drinking France dry and back to work the rest of you horrible lot.

He is doing his bit to soften Brexit.

Me waiting on parcel collection me. Meh. I wish the fcuking fcukers had fcuked up fcuking sooner rather than now. Fcukers.

Weather is good. Will pedal when i'm free of this chain. However, house is peaceful bar the washing machine contraption thingy wotsit. Aren't they a marvel of modern technology?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    Slightly jealous of all the holiday peeps. Had a good weekend and work is fine so can't grumble. Where are you off on your hols hopkin?

10 nights all inclusive in Tenerife seano...living the dream. :roll:

The missus loves to bask, kids are joiner-inners so they can be parked in kids club/teen club, giving us a bit of peace & quiet. I might see if I can hire a bike and ride up the volcano, but I tend to wander about like a spare part.

I admire the dads who go and settle in at the bar for a long day drinking their all-inclusive beer. I always feel like I never get my moneys worth, but am glad some people make it their mission to do so!
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Ah ..... just discovered I left my wallet at home ! .... found an emergency £5 in the draw ... that should be enough to by food to do lunch etc and enough sustinence for a trip to wales MTBing :|

damn !
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    I admire the dads who go and settle in at the bar for a long day drinking their all-inclusive beer. I always feel like I never get my moneys worth, but am glad some people make it their mission to do so!

That is surely the only thing to do on such a holiday? I went on holiday a few times with the GF and her family, they were happy to lie on a beach for 3 weeks and barely more, I got frustrated after the first morning and ended up running like Forrest Gump to stave off boredom. Luckily her dad enjoys drinking so once they were done on the beach I could join in again
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    My morning has involved sand paper, a garage door and elbow grease.
    Not an attractive combination.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    My morning has involved sand paper, a garage door and elbow grease.

Obviously the day for garage door stuff. My morning has involved one too - but mainly masking tape and primer, as it's the back door of the garage. Interspersed with various trips sorting out one ill tiny terror and one migrainey Mrs Comelately who managed to blah a few hours kip at home off the back of it. She's back at work now, so time for tea and peanut cookie before more house stuff then more ferrying. Aren't days off such fun?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Afternoon shirkers, I've spent most of the day deflecting questions so I can draw up the house extension and it's looking like an expensive job...

Got lots to do this week as we're also on holiday countdown and The Northern Convoy will start on its way at 3am a week tomorrow.

In the meantime I need to develop an eating disorder for a week.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW is drinking France dry and back to work the rest of you horrible lot.

He is doing his bit .

Too right, though regretting my honesty at lunch when I pointed out that they had forgotten to charge us for the wine - 37 ferkin euros for average wine

Been testing the inflatable kayak in the dordogne and now is the time for beer and bbq
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh, enjoy BPW Stevo, shame TW can't make it. A lucky escape for him? TLW is drinking France dry and back to work the rest of you horrible lot.
    Enjoy La Bella Italia Veronese.

Apart from being short of a van driver, BPW was ace. Warm and sunny and we spent most of the day dicking around on the black runs which were almost totally empty :). Tim missed a great day. Just arrived at Redcar after a long drive from The Valleys and my neck & shoulders still ache.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]