sunday first things first. get the champagne (w s churchill, 1931)

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,520
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

espresso, 100k-ish ride, though it seems i'll need to find a way through the triathlope cordon thrown around bits of london

wonder what cake shall i have along the way, last week's was pineapple upside down cake, but it was a bit disappointing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Trying to chill. Incredibly busy week. Miss MRS back in hospital being treated for the early signs of CMV (cytomegalovirus) as a precaution. Two-week treatment. We did manage to get to Silverstone briefly yesterday where she met up with her university friends from the Formula Student team - something she's been hoping to do since she was diagnosed. Something of a triumph.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Another day, another day with toots.
    Dunno wtf the weather is doing. I have an increasingly bigger pile of laundry which needs to be done before the off on Tuesday. Meh.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Slowish start this morning due to being bloody tired and now getting some bits n pieces ready for Wales. Travel today, uplift tomorrow followed by the frozen North on Tuesday. Jist as well I don't mind driving.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    cold ride, much of it spent wishing i'd put on arm/knee warmers

morning cake was the mini tart with fresh fruit on it, sharpness offset the sweet bit, will have this one again, ended the ride with a veggie samosa and chilli sauce

lot of flowers at scene of last week's murder, hope the scum that did it get nailed

currently trying to warm up, heating on, july, meh
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    All the best MRS, hope that goes well.

Another awesomely fabulous winter day here... but wasted. More DIY shenanigans. Second garage is now almost complete, just some trim to cut and fit tomorrow and its done. Yay!

Lots to get organised tomorrow. Third glass of shiraz this evening means it may be a slow start, but WGAF?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Afternoon all. Work from work today, sitting looking at glorious sunshine and contemplating my ham and cheese sandwich. At least there's home made cookies and flapjack to keep it interesting. But maybe not as nice as fruit tart, given it was half made by the tiny terrors.

Also considering tomorrow; the expected in laws visit to help fix the garage door today hasn't materialised due to them being stuck in the local hospital A+E with Nan-in-law who's fallen down some stairs. Fortunately she's OK, but it does mean tomorrow will now be too busy with priming, hanging and climbing frame building to allow a tootle. No shiraz this evening for me so hopefully it'll be a sprightly start.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    sungod wrote:
    last week's was pineapple upside down cake, but it was a bit disappointing

Why, was it the right way up? :D

Cement rendering stuff this afty, like icing a cake really, although I have no real idea about cake or icing :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • team47b wrote:
    although I have no real idea about cake or icing :D

I'm always keen to learn more about cake. Preferably with chocolate and nuts.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Flat 120k on my new tyres. Just the one puncture. Still nice tyres though. Road surfaces are shyte. Tyres roll well, give confidence and grip. Not too bad to get on and off my rims either. Only coffee at the cafe for me, watched ride mates have massive slabs of cake.

Lying around moaning about my legs Is the order of the afternoon.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    although I have no real idea about cake or icing :D

I'm always keen to learn more about cake. Preferably with chocolate and nuts.

Germany. That's the place for cakes. They really know how to make cakes with nuts and fruit and all sorts in Germany.
  • Pinno wrote:
    They really know how to make cakes with nuts and fruit and all sorts in Germany.

And sausages and beer. Don't really need much more in life.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    They really know how to make cakes with nuts and fruit and all sorts in Germany.

And sausages and beer. Don't really need much more in life.

A food and beer festival in a German brothel?
  • Pinno wrote:
    A food and beer festival in a German brothel?

I think it would depend a little on the mistress, otherwise you might find yourself in all sorts of bother.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Weather is hot and the beer is cold, love France
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    Another day, another day with toots.
    Dunno wtf the weather is doing. I have an increasingly bigger pile of laundry which needs to be done before the off on Tuesday. Meh.

Laters.

5975305647_488f48e5bd_b.jpg
  • pinno
    She's got hair!

Evening Bally.
  • ballysmate
    And teeth.

Hey up Pinno!
  • pinno
    Oh come on, I only have 7 missing teef.
  • ballysmate
    That's what give you that winsome smile.
  • pinno
    Thanks darling.

What you been up to?
  • ballysmate
    Long uneventful Sunday. No bike was involved.
    Presently idling away my time guzzling more Lamb's rum tan my missus thinks prudent, judging by her disapproving glances.
    Hey ho. Life in the fast lane.
  • ballysmate
    Pinno, I assume your stroll along the Tweed won't be with a salmon rod if you have the toots in tow?
  • pinno
    No such luck. Never have caught a Salmon but then i've only ever been fishing for Salmon once.

IIf you fancy 4 days of peace, hop on the coach. Oh, there might be a bit of laundry to do but it will be cheap. Walking distance to Lidl.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Where you off on holiday Pinno?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    The Borders.
  • ballysmate
    I don't think he means El Paso
  • pinno
    I'll take my telescope. Then I can keep an eye on the English.
  • sungod
    this made me think of the tom sharpe book, the throwback