saturday colliding neutron stars to make gold

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,514
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride up and down and round and round again, have another brekkie, do some stuff, veg out

it's too cold, too wet, too windy, and too cloudy, will no one rid us of this turbulent summer
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good morning, raining and cooler here as well sungod, it's put a dampener on my plans so to speak.
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Tired and sat in a McHell in French France ready to pass the keys over to the current wife, managed 460 miles
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

ride up and down and round and round again, have another brekkie, do some stuff, veg out

it's too cold, too wet, too windy, and too cloudy, will no one rid us of this turbulent summer

Mid summer, eh? Mid winter for me. Today was 16 deg C, wind speed < 5 km/h at most, cloud cover = 0% from sunrise to sunset.

Having said that, day spent doing DIY chores to get this place ready for sale. A list has been made. :roll: Motivation in form of coffee and bacon & egg roll was provided.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Having breakfast then getting ready for something silly.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311

Not MTBing shurely?!

@WS: Does that mean you're buying the pad with the beach?

It pi$$ed down all day yesterday. Looks like it's going to pi$$ down all day today. Might just get all waterproofed up and take the kids for a walk regardless.
    Silly f*ckers sent me the wrong refurbished wheels for the car. Pity as they are beautiful;. 2104010302 if anyone has a set of 4. Have to wait in on Monday until they collect. Going to have to butter the OH up so I can go pedal - forecast is sunny.
    What's it like over there Gazza?

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    Mid summer, eh? Mid winter for me. Today was 16 deg C, wind speed < 5 km/h at most, cloud cover = 0% from sunrise to sunset.

sounds like your mid-winter is better than our mid-summer
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Pinno wrote:

Not MTBing shurely?!
    If that's the case I'm getting ready to do something very silly tomorrow :)

But first have to help wifey out with tending to her parents graves. That's after having go to the dentist again this morning. What a joyous Saturday :roll:
    Pinno wrote:
    Going to have to butter the OH up so I can go pedal - forecast is sunny.
    Last Tango in Stranraer?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Pinno wrote:
    @WS: Does that mean you're buying the pad with the beach?

We're going to make an offer and see if they'll accept, yes. It means packing up, going somewhere my prospects of local work are slim, taking a punt on less balmy weather for sure, and saying goodbye to 30 years in this city. The house we want to buy is double the size we actually need, requires almost complete cosmetic renovation and a (tiny) bit of structural change, and has enough garden work to keep us busy for a couple of years alone.

On the plus side... that beach. Kayaking around the bay in utter serenity. Walking the dogs up to the other headland to watch the boats come and go on the river. No neighbours within sight or earshot. Space for an art studio for the Other Half, and a workshop I can actually set up permanently. My own boundary loop bike ride. Golf course up the road a bit.

Can't wait. Hope they say yes.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    Sounds idilic WS!

Rather wet ride this morning followed by bacon and DIY, might have a G & T in the garden.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    went dark in and poured here, i survived it by eating pineapple and having tropical thoughts

marseille looks much warmer, tdf tt is still boring though