wednesday cannot prove that it is consistent

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, wfh, cafe, wtdf, it's a mountain stage, hurrah!

too much pesky nonsense in gmc yesterday, today i shall be stamping some of it out
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it's more like an October morning here, just having my breakfast , undecided what to do today
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    On the train into town as there's a beer related outing after work. Before then we've got more negotiations with the Kingdom of Far Far Away - or at least the ones who can make decisions. Should be fun.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    very humid and sticky in london this morning, toying with idea of going for a ride prior to wfh
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH which meant the pub last night and a run this morning, which was quick as I got chased by a buzzard
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    which was quick as I got chased by a buzzard

:lol:

Though it's probably no laughing matter! :shock:

No such excitement here, feigning work all day, with paper shuffling galore, maybe nodding off on a conference call or two. Kids break up at the end of the week, then we're off for holidays a week later, which though not exactly what I would choose (poking round dusty churches & overeating & drinking in France or Italy), it should at least keep the kids amused and let the missus bask while I try not to get caught rubbernecking from behind my sunglasses.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    which was quick as I got chased by a buzzard

:lol:

Though it's probably no laughing matter! :shock:

Was funny after I got away - three ferking times he swooped just over my head
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,194
    TLW1 wrote:
    WFH which meant the pub last night and a run this morning, which was quick as I got chased by a buzzard

The Buzzard probably mistook your Toupee for an animal of some description.

Toots today. Weather doesn't know what to do but it's still pretty warm. Gazza?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    rejection of nonsense going well, took a therapeutic break from gmc stuff to strip and grease rear hub on commute bike, time for a cafe break before resuming wfh and then wtdf
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Has this happened to you?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pretty warm, with wetness coming up later.

Gnochi for lunch
  • sungod
    what's on the gnocchi?

i do some diced chillis fried in olive oil, toss the gnocchi in to coat them, and serve with side salad
  • hopkinb
    Always best to stay simple with gnocchi.

I like butter and sage. Bit of parmesan.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Has this happened to you?

I find the dazzle of the top off my head puts them off,
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I have a feeling a few people are going to be put out in M(ini)MC soon, but I have a wife to fund so profits are needed!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Hectic day, now the pub is calling. HB is right, gnocchi should be kept simple.
  • Garry H
    sungod wrote:
    what's on the gnocchi?

i do some diced chillis fried in olive oil, toss the gnocchi in to coat them, and serve with side salad

A bit of chilli and tomato
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hectic day, now the pub is calling. HB is right, gnocchi should be kept simple.

Not to say that SG's gnocchi was not simple. I have pasta like that often, with garlic too.
  • sungod
    chilli, tomato, garlic, the pasta trinity
  • Garry H
    There was garlic too.
  • Stevo_666
    Just had cider with my pasta. Burp :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Peroni with mine - got bored with dry weeks/wife has already finished work for the holiday
  • pinno
    Stuffed me. Had home made Pizza. Must give thanks to assistance form the short spy in Portugal.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Peroni with mine - got bored with dry weeks/wife has already finished work for the holiday
    Pub grub for me. Double win.

And BPW on Monday - make that a triple.
  • I tried to Google 'BPW' but what came out is an interesting 'win'. I see where the 'triple' comes from tho...
  • Stevo_666
    I tried to Google 'BPW' but what came out is an interesting 'win'. I see where the 'triple' comes from tho...
    :)

Welcome to the dark side...
    http://www.bikeparkwales.com
  • :D
    Given that pointing more than 2 degrees downhill terrifies me (don't mind the ups as I'm light, just have a natural in built speed limit of 30mph) I'm not sure which of those two things would be preferable...
  • Stevo_666
    :D
    Given that pointing more than 2 degrees downhill terrifies me (don't mind the ups as I'm light, just have a natural in built speed limit of 30mph) I'm not sure which of those two things would be preferable...
    Well as you're a roadie, drop by Merthyr Tydfil next Monday and I'll show you the real BPW :wink:
  • Thank you for the kind offer, but sadly after a weekend at work Monday will be needed for doing the things that don't get done any other time in life with the two tiny mad dictators. I don't think I'll be able to find time for either mountain biking or sodomy :wink:

(maybe I will find time to point my good bike up - but hopefully not too down -the local paved areas if the weather monkeys are kind tho)
  • Stevo_666
    Thank you for the kind offer, but sadly after a weekend at work Monday will be needed for doing the things that don't get done any other time in life with the two tiny mad dictators. I don't think I'll be able to find time for either mountain biking or sodomy :wink:

(maybe I will find time to point my good bike up - but hopefully not too down -the local paved areas if the weather monkeys are kind tho)
    No worries, although it does sound like 'bottlemeister' Seano has hacked your account :)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thank you for the kind offer, but sadly after a weekend at work Monday will be needed for doing the things that don't get done any other time in life with the two tiny mad dictators. I don't think I'll be able to find time for either mountain biking or sodomy :wink:

No worries, although it does sound like 'bottlemeister' Seano has hacked your account :)
    I'm up for BB drinks part 2 anytime between 31st July and 10th of August.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי