Cerdanya Valley, Spanish Pyrenees - Ripoll/Puigcerda?

The Kennington Kaiser
edited July 2017 in Tour & expedition
Anyone been? I'm considering a trip out that way in late August, probably staying in Ripoll, but wanted views from those who'd ridden out there. Good climbs? Places to base ourselves? We're a group of 4 or 5, happy to do up to 100km a day with some hard climbing. Any advice/suggestions gratefully received.

Comments

• e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    I did a ride a few years back that went through Puigcerda. I adapted it from a ride in Cyclist magazine called the "Ride of the Three Countries".

If on the map on the link below you close the circle off at the top without going further south (taking the road from La Seu d'Urgell back to Puigcerda) you would end up with a nice circular route.

The big climbs are the Col de Puymorens and the Port d'Envalira (up to over 2400m). The descent through Andorra goes on for ever too :-)

https://www.strava.com/activities/18570 ... 1409080623

I will probably be doing this ride again in the last week of August. Might try not to bonk at the end this time though.

Whatever you end up doing - have a good time. Ask if you have any questions at all.
  • Thanks for the reply E17. Looks a hell of a ride you did. Might need to split it up a bit- - perhaps I'll see you out there late August