Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, bright start to the day here which is nice
    Just contemplating where my bike ride will take me this morning
    Have a good day
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    overcast and very dark this morning ...... which turned out to be that I had habitually put my sunglasses on for the ride in.

hopefully one day I will realise the reason I am so slow is due to having the brakes on or a flat tyre or my shorts on backwards all this time
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Left in plenty of time this morning and decided to enjoy a slow wobble into work, arriving as cool as a cucumber 8)

6 miles of commuter racing later, I am a sweaty, heaving mess :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Dentist this morning which meant time for a fall run - not a spelling mistake :(
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    seanoconn wrote:
    Left in plenty of time this morning and decided to enjoy a slow wobble into work, arriving as cool as a cucumber 8)

I empathise, I really do, I suffer the same affliction ..... I have now started taking a really convoluted route of backroads to and from work just to avoid other cyclists so I don't race them
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Seano, for a 6 mile commute it's perfectly possible to ride in civvies at a leisurely pace and not arrive a sweaty mess. I've been told this on numerous occasions but have found it to be utter nonsense.
    Hoping for a quieter day in the office today. Lots going on yesterday, had a meeting with my cousin which involved going to the cafe. Then refitted the brake master cylinder to the Mini last night before dinner and talking bollocks.
    I'll ask my colleague about BPW Stevo, I know he liked Dai Hard and A470.
  • seanoconn
    fat daddy wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

I empathise, I really do, I suffer the same affliction ..... I have now started taking a really convoluted route of backroads to and from work just to avoid other cyclists so I don't race them
    Sounds like a plan. I'm ok if they're ahead of me, I can keep calm and don't necessarily have to overtake but if they are behind or with me at traffic lights I'll do whatever it takes to destroy them and myself in the process.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Shurely there's a whole thread for talking about this commuting racing thing? Fwiw, smash everyone into the dust is the correct answer, until you get schooled by someone considerably quicker and stronger than you who then posts a video of your @rse whipping, upon which, you should take it like a man. :D

Here is for saying what's for breakfast, how much high ABV cider you've had before lunch, hours spent wfh/wtdf, finding out what my new tyres are like (ace by the way), and how dreich the weather is on the opposite wings of Scotland?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Morning saddle sniffers, did a regular 35km ride this morning then had poached and Avocado for breakfast.

Just the general rush-rush-rush for the rest of the day and an early night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Lovely over here.

Pinno?

Salad for lunch.

Tried those tyres and they are good.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno?

Stunning. Except i'm on Dad's taxi duties but managed to mow the grass with Shorty on the back of it adding to the rolling effect. Strim later. 24 deg c so far.

Liquid lunch for me*. Had a Hoog bowl of Muesli with the extra fresh non dehydrated kind of fruit on top. It'll keep me going till mid the afternoon munchies kick in.

*No TLW, not that sort of liquid lunch.

Sunday's TdF was interesting for a bit. Only 2 days in the Alps.
    The big questions may be answered:
    Is Quintana over the hill? Or should I say: Can Quintana get over the hill?
    Is Taylor Phoney on Skunk or plain Moroccan?
    Will Luke Rowe seal the LR?
    Is there life in Hoddom?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:

Saw this bell end being interviewed on one of the highlights programmes. Is it an act?
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Saw this bell end being interviewed on one of the highlights programmes. Is it an act?

In response to that question, Orraloon said he was from Boulder,
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Be interesting to see if my prediction is right. Tim will find them 'interesting' :D

Not a lot to report here apart from meetings and coffee. Strifey is out with her mates this evening so I get a free run at the remote control and the cider.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Be interesting to see if my prediction is right. Tim will find them 'interesting' :D
    Just spoke to him, I know Piña is desperate to find out. He said Enter the Dragon was tough, a bit too tough as he hit a tree. Said it was later in the day and he was probably a bit too tired by then. Also said Willy Waver was fun, only a blue but fast and flowing. Didn't have the balls to try the pro runs. He's looking to go again in September.
  • pinno
    Why doesn't he consider the uplifting experience of Bike Park Stranraer? All the thrills and spills for less than a tenner.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Still away, going home tomorrow. Had a look at potential new house. Huge, but so tempting. Quite literally acres of serenity by the water. Lot of work, but watch this space.

Nice dinner out. Getting fat and lazy again. Grrrr
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just spoke to him, I know Piña is desperate to find out. He said Enter the Dragon was tough, a bit too tough as he hit a tree. Said it was later in the day and he was probably a bit too tired by then. Also said Willy Waver was fun, only a blue but fast and flowing. Didn't have the balls to try the pro runs. He's looking to go again in September.
    He must have been going it some to hit a tree on the Dragon run - tell him he gets bonus points for effort :) I've never been on the pro runs after my mate bust his ribs trying one...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Why doesn't he consider the uplifting experience of Bike Park Stranraer? All the thrills and spills for less than a tenner.
    I'm getting visions of the world's crappiest funfair as seen on the first episode of Father Ted.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    He must have been well off piste to hit a tree on the Dragon run - I suppose he should get bonus points for effort :) I've never been on the pro runs after my mate bust his ribs trying one...
    I think he was. Decided he didn't have enough speed for a big drop so opted to bail, it got worse from there.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    He must have been well off piste to hit a tree on the Dragon run - I suppose he should get bonus points for effort :) I've never been on the pro runs after my mate bust his ribs trying one...
    I think he was. Decided he didn't have enough speed for a big drop so opted to bail, it got worse from there.
    Just tell him that a 51 year old accountant made it all the way down The Dragon no problems. That should give him a bit of motivation for next time :twisted:
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just tell him that a 51 year old accountant made it all the way down The Dragon no problems. That should give him a bit of motivation for next time :twisted:
    51!? Is it a year since the tasting menu already!?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    51!? Is it a year since the tasting menu already!?
    17 months...

It's only a number, as anyone daft enough to go downhilling with me will find out :P
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

PS: I'd love to know which tree he hit. Most of it is completely treeless :)
    https://youtu.be/9ysSvXc0zw8