Great for dads and young boys alike.
Isnt feminism great ;)

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Well it's about time
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    As many have pointed out it's hilarious that some people are getting upset that a fictional time travelling alien with two hearts is regenerating as a woman.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Katie Hopkins said : Doctor Who is now a woman. She plans to go on maternity leave in 6 months and return part-time during office hours only. #DoctorWho13

To which some top twitterer responded something like : the Dr is a time travelling alien with two hearts, which is two more than you..........
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Well it's about time

and relative dimensions in space
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Maybe they should have picked this woman instead.... what next OO7 ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jftkDlcBD0
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I just hope the Tardis kitchen re fit does not put licence fee up!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    Will she be able to drive it?
    A certain chancellor would possibly have doubts.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    And a certain PM. Boys' jobs and girls' jobs, isn't it, hmmm?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    So, how come she got a man's job? :lol:
    And before anyone says it, Maggie was more a man than most of them. :lol::lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    I'd like to have seen Richard Ayaode in the role.
    Thought he was excellent as Moss in IT Crowd.
    But a female doctor is refreshing. Suppose we'll see Laura Ashley curtains in theTardis windows now.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Will she be able to drive it?

It would appear not. I don't think it's got a "girlie button"

FB946C94-4CBE-4C09-BC60-9C82B9505335_zpsu7veb6ls.jpg
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Anonymous
    Will The new Dr be a Time of the Month Traveller?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    Veronese68 wrote:
    As many have pointed out it's hilarious that some people are getting upset that a fictional time travelling alien with two hearts is regenerating as a woman.
    Walked past the newspapers when I went to get lunch. I think the tabloids are a little conflicted: the Express was questioning whether the BBC was being too PC by employing an actress for the role, while the DM had a picture of Jodie Whittaker in a little black dress.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    The press are tw@ts. Brexit couldn't have happened without that bunch of feckwits.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    cougie wrote:
    The press are tw@ts. Brexit couldn't have happened without that bunch of feckwits.

Maybe she can go back to 20th October 1962 and make sure Mary Fleur Mount, David Camerons mother, doesnt turn up at the Church?
  • herb71
    herb71 Posts: 253
    I'm looking forward to the episode when the new Dr. and Missy get down to business!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    let me be the first to say, that, i, for one, welcome our new female overlord
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Anonymous
    Veronese68 wrote:
    time travelling alien with two hearts is regenerating as a woman.

Which is it?
    A time travelling alien with two hearts, or a woman?
  • Anonymous
    sungod wrote:
    let me be the first to say, that, i, for one, welcome our new female ovarylord

Massive own goal for feminists (of which sexy Miss Whittaker announced she is one) as it's just going to be one big pervefest.

The character is an alien, so it's not as if she (it) is a role model for young girls if you take the programme seriously.
    The Doctors assistants are real human women though ;)
  • Zendog1
    Zendog1 Posts: 816
    I have to say if I regenerated as a fit young lady. I'd be way to busy playing with my new bits to even think about saving the universe for quite some time.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Let's face it, when a programme has such pointless plot lines whether the lead role is male or female is pretty meaningless. At least it keeps the South Wales tourist industry going though.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    Does remind me of that riddle.

https://www.bu.edu/today/2014/bu-resear ... nder-bias/
    a father and son are in a horrible car crash that kills the dad. The son is rushed to the hospital; just as he’s about to go under the knife, the surgeon says, “I can’t operate—that boy is my son!”
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

a father and son are in a horrible car crash that kills the dad. The son is rushed to the hospital; just as he’s about to go under the knife, the surgeon says, “I can’t operate—that boy is my son!”

Carbonator's head just exploded.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • veronese68
    Today in cake stop I have learned that I am racist and sexist.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Veronese68 wrote:

the fact that you learnt that from cake stop worries me ..... I knew I was racist and sexist years ago :|
  • veronese68
    fat daddy wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

the fact that you learnt that from cake stop worries me ..... I knew I was racist and sexist years ago :|
    Never underestimate the level of idiot around these parts. Maybe I was just in denial.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I blame social media .... a year ago I wasn't racist or sexist .... but now you need to actively post that its good the Doctor is a woman and that you fancy women and men from other ethnicities ... Otherwise by default you are racist and sexist.

had the 9th Doctor been a woman I could have continued not to give a sh1t ... but now its 2017 .. I must post is a good thing otherwise I am sexist .. the default is sexist, and you have to prove otherwise .. which is a pain in the arse if you just don't care
  • Anonymous
    Veronese68 wrote:

Keep calm and carry on, you are just normal me thinks.
  • Anonymous
    Zendog1 wrote:
    I have to say if I regenerated as a fit young lady. I'd be way to busy playing with my new bits to even think about saving the universe for quite some time.

Had not thought of that! Hope the refit has ceiling mirrors :twisted:
    No wonder she (he/it) had a smile on her (his/its) face when she (he/it) got the key to the Tardis!!

It was not the thought of opening it, it was the thought of locking herself (himself/itself) inside!!!

Gotta love the BBC
    They don't need any extras or sets (other than Tardis) for at least the first 2 or 3 episodes :wink:
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,131

Too emotional, I guess.